Is it really night and day

I just read that someone went from a ARC ref-5se to a Ref-6. They claim it is a night and day difference. For some reason I find that hard to believe. I can see there being a difference but night and day to me is an exaggeration. I'll tell you why I think this way. I had an ARC LS-25 for about 10 years and I always thought It was a good pre-amp. One day I got a bug up my ass and decided to upgrade to a LS-27. 

While I will agree the 27 is better than the 25 I would not say there is a night and day difference. Now that is a spread of about 10 years in a model. So of course you do expect some improvements and I have received those. 

Now going back to the Ref-5se. I think it has been around about 3 years. Now they have the Ref-6. So in 3 years there is a night and day difference between the 5Se and the 6 but after a 10 year period between the Ls-25 and the 27 there are a few minor differences. 

taters
If you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket and you like to get something new every year then jump on the ARC upgrade train. Their preamps sound great.
The company is very good at keeping a guy constantly buying the stuff.
Kinda like cocaine.
I prefer “jaw dropping “ over “night and day”. 
How about “it was so much better that when I heard it I soiled myself”
tlong1958........What you said is so not true to me. I DONT have alot of money buring a hole in my pocket. I DONT like getting something new every year..I am NOT  jumping on the ARC train. This ARC Ref 6 is so AWESOME that yes to ME it is a jaw dropping difference between the 5se. I have a Krell FPB 600 and B&W Matrix 800s and never ever will sell or upgrade them . Thats the way I FEEL about the ARC 6. And Jim Morrison and Jim Hendrix came back from the dead and he appeared in my room !!!!!