Mcintosh 452 vs Pass Labs XA 30.5

Hello everyone, I'm at the Mcintosh house and so maybe part of the answers will be taken for granted, thanks to the desire to try new devices I'm evaluating a transition from my current Final Pass Xa 30.5 to a MC452. Even the pre should be replaced by switching from an Xp10 Pass to the Mcintosh C48.
I use the Totem Mani 2, Audio Physic Scorpio 2 and Tannoy Eaton speakers in a listening environment of around 20 sqm at low and medium volumes.
I would like some advice from those who have had the opportunity to try, comparing these brands and the good interface between the coupled MC 48 and 452 and my speakers.
Thank you.
128x128mizioa
At the end it depends which properties your loudspeakers and other stuff of your system you own. But...when you would compare Pass Labs and Mcintosh together in a shootout with a system what can reveal all the different properties of sound. The Pass will be superior.

This is very easy to explain. The Pass can create in a perfect set-up a wider and deeper stage. This is alsway a possitive benefit to create a stunning 3D holographic stage.

And it is also better in timing compared to the Mcintosh. It is more controlled in the lowest frequencies. And you will be able to hear more layers in the lowest frequencies as well.

The other benefit you will hear is that the Pass creates more layers in sound. So it reveals a higher level in diversity of sound. This property is the most important one compared to all the other properties of sound.

Based on the fact that this one has the biggest influence on the human emotion. When you understand music and sound I can garnatee you that you will choose for Pass Labs. But people who have less experience and knowledge could easliy choose for Mcintosh
My vote is for Mcintosh. The second poster said it, the 452 blows the xa30.5 out of the water. Pass reviews were raving about the .5 series years ago, now they say the .8 series is much better.... so the .5 series was not so good then, makes me laugh my a.. off.

About Pass having more soundstage, I say rubbish about carving instruments pinpoint in space...lol  You want soundstage, buy tickets and go to a concert. I prefer having that bold rich sound Mac gives, for less money and with better resale value than Pass...You will be buying much better value overall.
You need to read before you talk this nonsense. he wrote; the Pass blows  the Mcintosh out of the water. Not the other way around

A rich sound is totally different than layering in sound. Diversity in sound is what creates a higher level in emotion. A rich sound misses the diversity. And will always create an inferior level in emotion for each single human being. Based on the fact that our emotion works that way
I have done thousands of tests in  audio in almost  20 years of time. I know the differences very precise. Sound is founded on properties. These properties needs to be revealed by the audio system you need.

The Mcintosh will fill in all the different properties of sound less precise and convincing. Just compare a Pass and a Mcintosh at the same price level with loudspeakers, pre amp and source what can reval all the different properties of sound at a stunning level.

Then you will understand......
The Pass is a great power amp but a bit underpowered. So Mcintosh will probably be quite an improvement. Consider a tube preamp. Your speakers suggest you are looking for something musical. Mcintosh are not the last word in resolution but very musical. Try to audition the C2600 pre.