T+A elektroakustik HV Series Components

T+A stands for Theory and Application.

I'm keeping this broad and open to T+A's HV Series components (HV = High Voltage),

Which (currently) includes two integrated amplifiers, two multi-source players, preamplifier, amplifier, power supply, and SACD/CDP/DAC.

Creating this thread for owners to share their impressions, findings, thoughts, experiences, and questions about their HV components. Comparisons to other T+A Series products are also welcome.
david_ten
Hello Musicfx,
I always enjoy reading posts from people who are genuinely happy with their audio components/systems. If people aren’t careful they can become obsessed with the equipment. The objective ( at least IMO) is to enjoy and immerse yourself in the music you love. The audio components are just a means to an end. Congratulations on your success. I suspect this system will keep you very content for years.
Charles
@musicfx  I'll echo Charles' comments...congratulations on finding the right mix for yourself and most importantly being "happy with [it] all!"

Incredibly Impressive Statement:

I liked the amp so much, I changed my speakers to Wilson Audio Alexia’s.

It isn't often one hears this. Says a whole lot about the PA 3000 HV. 

Thanks for posting here. For those of us (like myself) who are new to T+A components, any advice or additional thoughts to share will be really helpful.
@musicfx,

Does the  T+A MP3100HV Music Player support a direct connection to the home network via Ethernet. That is can I ditch USB entirely to go Ethernet to connect to a ROON server? I believe the  T+A MP3100HV Music Player is a ROON endpoint now.
@yyzsantabarbara   I'm curious as well.

Here is info on the 8 'series' from The Absolute Sound:

"Another example of the rapidly evolving digital source component, T+A elektroakustik MP 8 is a compact entry in the “8” series that expands the capabilities of the company’s DAC 8 DSD to include music streaming. The MP 8 brings additional digital source options to your system including embedded streaming services (Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer), CD playback via an integral drive, FM and FM HD, Internet Radio, Bluetooth, and USB stick playback. It will connect to any uPnP device on the network. When combined with the DAC 8 DSD’s traditional AES/EBU, USB, and SPDIF inputs, the pairing has all options covered. The build-quality is typical of T+A—outstanding German engineering. The small-sized chassis is made from machined aluminum plates 6mm thick, the sides and front panels are extruded aluminum, the jacks and connectors are custom-made from gold-plated brass, and the feet are vibration damped. Price: $4750."
@david_ten 

I heard the  T+A MP3100HV Music Player and the 3100HV integrated playing at the LA Audio show. They were playing on Wilson speakers and sounded excellent. I was surprised that the room presenter, Sunny Electronics, had the confidence to use the integrated over the T+A amp + pre-amp combo. Maybe the speaker was easy to drive. I forgot if the system had the extra power supply, I would guess that it did.

At the show, I spoke to the T+A rep about the  T+A MP3100HV Music Player and he said that the FM tuner on it was not as good as on my $2000 Magnum Dynalab MD 102 (I listen to the excellent KCRW in S .Cal). He also said that the unit would become a ROON end point sometime in the future. The ROON guys were also demoing at the room.It was a good demo of the type of system I would build myself.

If direct Ethernet is supported then I could eliminate my Sonare streamer. My next DAC will have to have this feature.