Anyone receive their Zu Druid VIs yet?

Things seem to have gone a little dark on these speakers, or am I imagining that?  I ordered mine in September and didn't receive them yet.  Was curious if anyone has received theirs yet?

Haven't seen any new online traffic regarding the speakers either, which makes me wonder if any are really out yet?

If so, are they as expected?

Emailed Zu but didn't hear back on the status.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xparsons
I love KT-88s too, and I am not at all surprised the Luxman stuff is turning out to be awesome for you.  Since you have the itch already, I will tell you, I ran PrimaLuna integrateds (2 different models) with the Zus (loved them with the Zus), and eventually upgraded the Dialog Premium HP to KT150s from KT88s.  The KT150s are a bit better than the 88s in most regards, and worse in none.  Bigger stage, even better dynamics, a little better clarity.  The 88s are very good...my only reason to mention is that you should try some different stuff if you love the KT88 sound like I do, but want to hear where you could go with different tube topologies.  I haven't heard the Luxman stuff, but I have no doubt it's very top notch and so I don't want to push you by suggesting you're leaving a bunch on the table...that would be like telling someone with a really nice 535i that they're really missing out by not getting a 540i.  Or a 7 series.  Or an M3.  They're all great, but different.

I was where you are about 12 months ago--no friends with low-power tubes or local shops that carried anything I could demo.  I don't know about your budget, so this may not be an option for you, but I read for months and months and rolled the dice on a couple different used amps, none of which I was disappointed with in the end.  I settled on a used pair of parallel 300B monos (Audion Golden Dreams with some upgraded caps) that were highly recommended on this site by some that appear to be serious experts at powering Zu's higher-end stuff.  But the two 845 amps I bought are really close and great in their own rights.

The good news is that the used market for 300Bs seems strong, and if for some reason you didn't love it, I suspect you could get what you paid pretty quickly.  Might be an experiment worth taking if you can't find a dealer to loan you some.  845s are also interesting...I found them to be nicely between the sound of the KT150s (and KT88s) and the 300Bs.
OK, so my Druid VIs arrived--days before I expected. 

Way too soon for serious reactions, but they sound really good (perhaps great?) cold out of the box.  I have no idea how long they burned in at the factory, but they do have the tell-tale "just slightly slow" sound that brand new speakers all seem to have for me...songs you know super well sound just the slightest bit off from a timing perspective.  This usually goes away with 12-24 hours in my experience.

Tonally they still sound like awesome high-end Zus, but I might suggest that (at this second) they tilt just the slightest bit more toward the pinpoint accurate and detailed hi-fi sound.  That statement is not really a compliment coming from me--but don't read too much into it--they don't sound like hi-fi speakers that I despise.  I'm also only about 9 feet from them and I think they will ease a bit with break-in and also gain a little more front-to-back depth in a day or two.

They look frickin' amazing, btw.  My mother-in-law happened to be over when my son and I unpacked them, and actually said "gosh, those are really good looking speakers."

More to come as they break-in.
Nice! What finish did you get? I really like the look of the V, but the VI is definitely more visually refined. 

Cant wait to hear more about your experience and how it compares to your other Zus.. my biggest thing is if they are going to be worth the cost-up from the V. 
Black Hole Black Matte.  My Undertone is Matte Black Nextel and I would have assumed them to be the same, but maybe I’ll look closer and see if there’s a discernible difference.  They’re both really awesome looking.  I think my Soul Supremes are the same as the Undertone.  The matte black is stunning on these speakers.  My Unions are gloss black, which is also really sharp, but the mattes are killer.
Sounds nice! My Druids are Piano black.. but I feel the VI might lend itself to the matte finishes better. I also sort of struggle with an additional $2K for the gloss finishes on the VI. 

Is it possible for you to post pictures on here? I tried to send you a PM but I guess that isn't a feature on audigons forum.