Oppo 205 guagers selling used units for twice the price...

You can't blame those individuals that are trying to sell their (used) UDP-205's for twice the price (several even posted on the site for 2k+). That's not this focus.. If someone is willing to pay, so be it. My favorite Wall Street quote, "The illusion has become real, and the more real it becomes, the more desperately they want it".

That said, I feel it’s my fellow audiophile duty to save those willing to pay opportunist their gouging offers. Remember, Oppo is a Chinese company, aka the wild west of capitalism (if there is a market they will sell into it). The 205 sold out within just 2-3 days after the oppo announcement throughout North America. Knowing that Oppo has added a registration button "we might make another production run" and knowing how fast the current stock sold out, they have a huge private pre-order list. That is GOLD in terms of any company's sales/production projections/risks. They will be making another production run! Don't pay these ----'ers a cent. You'll get a brand new factory fresh machine soon enough.

morg111
If you are primarily interested in disk playing rather than streaming, the OPPO-105 is just as good (or even the 95) and are widely available on the internet (95 - $500; 105 - $750).
I have an Oppo 95 upgraded by the Upgrade company that sounds really good. I bought after another player went into the shop about 3 months ago. I was so impressed that I decided to buy the Oppo 205 and am waiting for the modder to get me in for the mods. I will be selling after the Oppo 205 is back. I got to say the modded 95 sounds darn good! I recently did a couple of cable upgrades and tweaks and I am considering selling the Oppo 205 because my present system sounds so good.
I suspect that those trying to profit (in the extreme) on the Oppo 205 have no soul.  I hope that no one will accommodate any of these scammers.
@sense63 , totally agree.  I know anyone who buys one is an idiot imo....The whole capitalist/buyer beware thing and all that... However, the seller of such is a parasite imo.  One seller said, “ he’s proud to be an American.”...by selling an Oppo 205 for $2770.00+/-.  If that constitutes being an “American “, then perhaps I need to relocate.  Enough of that....how are those Kensingtons?