New Yggdrasil - First (and second) Impressions

Okay, so I’ve finally (on order over 2 months) received my Schiit Yggdrasil. The unit arrived in exactly perfect condition (i.e. well packaged).

Upon first (and second) listening through all sources/inputs, I would need a stethoscope to discern any difference among my current components and connectivity. I also cannot detect any difference using the phase inversion button.

I suppose the aforementioned is a testament to how good my current system (before/without Yggy) already sounds. :)

I can easily A-B test because the Yggy is hooked in via balanced and my other components are also hooked directly to amp via RCA or USB.

Also, obviously I have NOT let the unit "burn in" for days because I just got it, however, it has come to full operational temperature after being powered on continuously over 24 hours.

System configuration: (Yggdrasil > XLR > Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amplifier > Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers )
all cables blue jeans cables "best" offering

Emotiva ERC-3 CD player > AES/EBU > Yggdrasil
Oppo UDP-205 blue ray player > coax > Yggdrasil
Samsung SMT-C5320 cable box > optical > Yggdrasil
Gateway NV79 Windows 10 64-bit computer > USB > Yggdrasil

I’ll be patient, but if there are any suggestions to "try" in order to hear *some* audible difference, that would be great. Appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks.
128x128gdhal
Also, my new Yggy arrived yesterday, but I'm not going to set it up for a little bit as I want to get the SOTM gear situated before I make an Yggy comparison between non analog 2 and analog 2.

I will also be sure to do some critical listening right out of the box to see if I hear anything change over the first couple of weeks and beyond and report back.
@parsons +1 Great points.

the resulting PACE gives the impression of just the slightest, but very noticeable, perception of "slowing down" of a song that you know very well..... Often the tonal qualities, detail, and even soundstage are there as you would hope for, but something about it still doesn't sound "right"...will sometime sound just the slightest bit delayed from what you are used to. LIke it's just slightly dragging the whole song.

I find it apparent irrespective of "It needs to be a song that you have listened to for years to really notice it."
parsons - ....the resulting PACE gives the impression of just the slightest, but very noticeable, perception of "slowing down" of a song that you know very well....
I heard (or believe I did) the subtlest of timing difference once in a Rolling Stones song when I first compared my Oppo to Yggy.  That would be the timing between the Oppo vs Yggy, and it was during a vocal passage. At that time the Yggy wasn't broken-in by the standard of days/hours many state is required to sound optimum. My point is I understand what you're referring to regarding perception of timing (slow or fast) which is likely milliseconds and can only be perceived from tunes that your mind is accustomed to hearing many times throughout the years.

It seems reasonable to me that these types of tunes that one is accustomed to hearing for years would be studio recordings. In my case I listen to new (I haven't heard it even once) live recordings, which makes it impossible to detect the type timing anomalies that could result from break-in or DAC to DAC comparison. 
Hi, Hal. Timing is timing. It's obvious when it is off. It's obvious in live performances when one musician is 'off.' Nothing subtle about it.

To @parsons point, timing issues are common during break in, and his post made a relevant and a very good point. I have found the same to be true during component break in.

However, 'timing' is not limited to components being broken in. There are components that (when fully broken in) handle timing better than other components. A live recording or studio recording doesn't change that.
@david_ten 

Is the timing you are speaking of something entirely different than what can be caused by jitter?