Reducing Background Noise On Records

Hello.  I'm looking into ways of reducing background noise on LP recordings. Some of my records just have a lot of noise (most likely from how they were recorded). My system consists of a Yamaha DSP-1A integrated amp, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable (acrylic platter equipped) with an Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge. My speakers consist of a pair of Wharfedale Rubiance RB-27's in the front and RB-23's in the rear with a Mirage FRX-S15 powered subwoofer.

I recently integrated a DVD 3BX-DS into my system to improve the impact and dynamic range of my records. Should this be sufficient or are there other devices (such as the KLH Burwen Research DNF 1201A Dynamic Noise Filter) that can better reduce the background noise of my records in question?  By the way, I do clean my records with a VPI HW16 record cleaning machine and rinse off the cleaning fluid twice with distilled water. I also use a Zerostat 3 to remove static before playing a record.

What do you think? 

128x128cspiegs
I think part of the answer to your question hinges on your definition of  "noise", but here is an additional 2 cents...

I got my ultrasonic record cleaner today and it is a bit of a revelation.  The majority of my records are in good to excellent shape and had been cleaned with a Nitty Gritty at least once, stored in rice paper sleeves, non smoking household etc.

I've just cleaned and played a few older, well-played records and the difference is pretty startling.  It's just all around better - quieter, more detailed, etc.

I opted for one of the cheaper solutions
http://www.cleanervinyl.com/ and you can find other similar solutions or DIY.

I'm sold on ultrasonic cleaning and will be busy cleaning records for the foreseeable future. The other great thing about this new cleaner, is that I'm now inspired to go used record shopping knowing that I have a really good way to clean up the records.

PS - My front end is of reasonable quality, but not crazy
Rega P25 with some slight mods and a Shelter 901.

The Ortofon 2M Blue is the weak spot for sure. It has elliptical stylus and high 5.5 mV output.
Flat mids, dull highs and gloomy base from what I experienced. If you want to stick with MM- try good 1000 or 2000 series GoldRing. You will see most of problems will go away.
 Ultimately go to MC.
If need any cartridges- I can help for sure.
Greg
@geoffkait 
If you want to destroy your MC cartridge just keep following geofkait's advice.

That’s just great! Another poster from the water turns to steam and destroys the cartridge school. First, water is a coolant. There would be less heat not more. Second, by the time the water turns to steam, assuming it did, which it almost certainly doesn’t, the cartridge would have already passed and steam would not touch the cartridge, the steam would go into the open air. The cartridge would be untouched by the steam. Your theory is all wet. 🤡
@vpi I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it appears YOU not water are the biggest threat to your cartridge. 

”Unfortunately, I ran my Clavis with the case removed and while dusting my VPI I hooked a shirtsleeve on the cantilever and snapped it off. My clavis is currently with Soundsmith. I only hope the rebuilt Clavis retains the wonders of the original.”

🤠