Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, sort of a shame you've introduced more variables by moving around. Had been looking forward to impressions of the Mystique v3 DAC. Hopefully, you can compare redbook and hi-res PCM to DaVinci.
JH901. I’ve been moving around the whole thread. It’s always done meticulously and with purpose. And everything is compared A/B with all variables kept exactly the same. My side comparisons happen when DAC or server comparisons are complete. And every comparison is ALWAYS done with all other variables set in stone. Only one thing changed at a time when doing formal comparisons. 

The Mustique V3 DAC has been shipped and will arrive shortly. I will post impressions when ready. 

Stay tuned. 
Matt, if you run that third dedicated circuit, then I would be interested in knowing whether you experience a more forward presentation, brightness, or brittleness in SQ when the circuit first comes on line. I just finished having three dedicated circuits installed. When I plugged my monos into their dedicated circuits I experienced what I described in the first sentence. When I plug the monos into a power conditioner plugged into one of those dedicated circuits the SQ improves markedly. I'm now running a burn in strategy on the amp dedicated circuits which will involve driving the amps through the power conditioner for 500 hours on each dedicated circuit. (The third circuit has the DAC/PSU/Preamp running through it.) Guido may have experienced something similar in his system, based on PMs we've exchanged. Guido, if I have that wrong please correct me. 
BTW very pleased with the Antipodes DX3.  

Al, you are correct, when I moved into my new home in SC, I plugged each of my ROwland M925 monos into a dedicated 20A circuit, with a third circuit used for my line-level devices.

At first blush, I did detect a certain amount of hardness in the overall tembre. Within 3 to 4 weeks the hardness tapered off gradually and the tembre bloomed, and eventually  it very much surpassed what the system was able to deliver in my previous home, where I had one dedicated circuit plus one shared line.

I should point out though, that my equipment had been in storage for six months between the old set up and the new one. So, it is possible that some of the initial anomalies and subsequent settling had to do with the electronic having regressed, and then re-broken in.

Guido

Thanks, Guido for the clarification. My system was only out of service a few hours to move the equipment from one room to the completed audio room.