Putting your components inbetween your speakers.

Would like to know if there is any truth about putting your components inbetween your speakers will affect the imaging other than an amp between the speakers on the floor.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
So now there is NOTHING in the middle of the speakers.

I think what you mean to write is "So now there is NOTHING **directly and at the same plane** in the middle of the speakers. ", correct? :)
TTM (Mike) if you want to get really Audiophile ANAL with imaging between the speakers, they should be set up with

The Points In  

I realize for your angled room this does not work best. For this reason stick with the points out as the room is still the No. 1 factor influencing the sound. Unless any of us have a space like Abbey Road (who does?), we are all dealing with that Elephant in the Room.

The owners manual is clear. Keep them away from walls and in a wide room angled in. In a narrow space no more than 60 inches apart for excellent imaging. Anyone bringing these speakers into what AudioGon consider medium treated spaces, will need to re-treat the room as their size affects the room sonics. And my experience has been one will be removing treatment, due the effectiveness in the double woofer design to excite different sets of room nodes, thereby reducing the room effect.

Cheers

Post removed 
Hi Elizabeth , That is what i did with my rack, i moved it back from the speakers so that there is nothing between my speakers except my Krell FPB 600 that sits on the floor to the right of my right speaker but as far back as possible as shown in my photos . I cant move my speakers anymore forward as my room configuration., Im trying to do the best i can be with this awkward room.