Please recommend a PreAmp for my 5.1 home theatre system

I am putting together a system - so far have Krell Chorus 5200 for the Amp, and Focal Sopra No 2 speakers, along with Sopra center and Aria rear channels.  Samsung TV mid range M series.  Can you suggest a nice preAmp to work well for this system.  Budget 4 k tops.   Thanks!
hortense5
Oppo: https://www.oppodigital.com.au/blogs/reviews-resources/15420449-using-your-oppo-as-a-pre-amplifier
For digital vs analogue volume control, I simply repeat the reference to the Sabre presentation (there is also a longer text by Sabre but I could not quickly find it). Can you hear imperfections at -135dB, and do you have source material that is this clean? Do not forget that analogue volume controls have their weakneses as well, like channel imbalance at lower levels. There are more important things to worry about.

like I said (actually repeating what the manufacturers say), all volume control does some harm.. pick what works best for you..

willemj, does that test include turning up the volume across 6 channels for surround sound or just stereo ?

Hi, I also have the Focal Sopra 2, Focal Chorus surrounds and am waiting for the Focal Sopra Center to arrive this week. I am using Marantz 8801 as a preamp/pocessor and am extremely happy with it.
I have tried using the Oppo 95 as a preamp before buying the Marantz and the Focals, but the sound was horrible so I would definitely recommend using a real processor.