Vienna Die Muzick flagship speakers

Looks like the new flagship speaker from Vienna Acoustics are going on sale in North America in September or October
for $27K. If I interpret correctly the blurb found at:
http://www.sumikoaudio.net/va/prod_themusic.htm
they seem to be almost like single driver speaker with multi-driver extensions. a flat midrange driver covers 7 octaves from about 100Hz to 20Khz. If I understand correctly, the flat driver is expected to exhibit a pistonic movement, which in turn is designed to eliminate phase distortion caused by uneven excursion/timing between the rim and the center of the driver. The bass goes down to 18Hz through 3 10 inch drivers in a separate enclosure; if these bass drivers are similar to those found in the Mahlers and Strausses, they are also flat pistonic drivers. At the top there is a Mirada supertweeter extending to 100K.

I have heard that final production units will be shown/heard for the 1st time both at SEDIA and RMAF in September and October in Denver in the Sumiko/Soundings Suites. I won't attend SEDIA, but will be at RMAF.

I heard 2nd hand very favorable remarks about them from industry insiders that heard prototypes at CES and the past Montreal show. Has anyone heard these speakers already?
please post your findings here.

And if you were asking, the answer is a very sad NO. . . my wife won't let me buy them! G.
guidocorona
I'm sure they sound pretty good, but I personally have not heard any plastic or poly driver I thought was much better than just pretty good/satisfying (Dynaudio).

Personal preference, your mileage WILL vary
08-19-08: Westborn said:
"I'm sure they sound pretty good, but I personally have not heard any plastic or poly driver I thought was much better than just pretty good/satisfying (Dynaudio)."

Very funny.

I know of a speaker using hemp drivers if that would help. Dual purpose, for sure.

Dave
Ok, I got a call from Rod at Soundings to hear the The Music (US nomenclature)speakers.

When I got there, the speakers only had about 45-minutes on them, so this is only a rough first, rough impression. Let's just say that I was reminded of the first time that I heard Acoustat 2+2s or Quads or Magnipans and realized how different music can sound when crossovers are removed from the critical midrange frequencies. Remember, the midrange driver on The Music covers seven octaves, from 100 hz to 20kHz.

This is absolutely the best midrange I've ever heard, it's transparent and it's dynamic. You get the advantages of electrostatics without the beaming and roll-offs at the to and bottom. You get the crytalline highs of ribbons without the excessive ring of high harmonics.

The speakers weren't properly placed in the room and certainly not broken in, yet there was no midrange shout or glare.

I'm stopping there for now and going back in a week or so, after some breakin and Rod tells me that he's placed the speakers.

Anyway, this is a very special speaker.

Dave
I've now heard The Music three times and my early reaction to the incredibly smooth, transparent mids are still holding. Hopefully within a few more days the speakers will be ideally placed and I can put in an extended session to support a more in-depth report.

Dave
No fair. . . I am envious (grins!) What has rod been driving them this far? Guido