What is the best speaker for a small room 10X11

I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated listening room (WAF is not a factor), but I'm wondering if my Dunlavey SC3''s are the right choice... room is 10X11 with 9' ceilings..

I listen to a bit of everything, but most interested in jazz & blues.

Thanks,
brent

Sources:
VPI Aries/JMW 10/Shelter 501
Meridian 506/Monarchy DIP/Upsampler/DAC

Preamp:
Audio Research LS-7
(Supratek Syrah has been ordered)

Amp:
McCormack DNA 0.5 (Upgraded by Steve to Rev. A)
bgrazman
The Wilson Benesch ARC will absolutely floor you in a space this size. Pricey though.
Honestly, the Harbeth HL Compact 7ES is the best speaker suitable for a small room that I have heard. But they aren't very compact. My Compact 7's measure flat and sound more like real life than any other speakers I've ever heard. Spellbinding. They'll work just fine with yor amp.

Paul
Without knowing anything about your current speakers (other than they have a good reputation) I'm going to suggest that you try different room placements before assuming they won't work. I am in the same situation .. small room, but no WAF to worry about, so I have large floorstanders (spica) and a sub(!) all pulled out well into the room, with my listening position in the nearfield, roughly 5.5 feet from the plane of the speakers (with the speakers roughly 5 feet apart). It works absolutely great ... fantastic imaging and deep deep bass.

I'm not saying that your speakers will work in such a small room, but I think it's worth giving it a serious try unless you have money burning a hole in your pockets, in which case go buy the Harbeths.

There are two good web pages on speaker placement, Cardas, and Audiophysic. You'll see that the two keys, particularly in a small room, are preventing boomy bass (this is achieved by Cardas by moving the speakers a long way from the rear and side walls) and preventing reflections on the side walls (Audiophysic) that can destroy imaging. To minimize the effects of side wall reflections you can toe-in the speakers so that they face you when you listen in the nearfield, so you end up with an equilateral triangle type setup.

here's the links ... saved me tons of money ...
http://www.audiophysic.de/produkte/aufstellung/aufstellung_e2.html
http://www.cardas.com/cgi-bin/main_content.cgi?area=Insights&content_id=26&pagestring=Room+Setup

Feel free to email me for any hints, if this general approach interests you.
Believe it or not a pair of QUAD 57s will sound terrific in a small room like that. (Remember the British rooms they were designed for...) Kinda like a big set of headphones. I had a small apartment once where I had a very similar set up and they were great.