Any ideas on the Emotiva Xpa 1 Gen 2 vs other Mono or 2 channel amps?

Hey, I am still looking for a good Mono set or 2 Channel amp in the $2500-3500 range.I am looking at the XPA 1 Gen2 to start with,any other ideas? I have never had this much trouble searching for a good Amp. Thanks Guys.
mancub1
Unless your adverse to buying used there are a few good ones for sale, I saw Bryston mono blocks, Krell stereo, Class'e stereo etc. No connection to the sellers. Higher end 
@auxinput - good point. I pair my class D monos with a tube pre. My sound is decidedly not sterile, but I've also never run the amps with a passive pre, so I can't speak to the sound of the amps on their own. But really, I need a source and speakers and cables no matter what.. so take what I say with a salty grain
Mancub1,
 I vote for Emotiva xpa 1 monos!I use a pair daily on a pair of Thiel 3.7’s,which can dip to 2 ohms!Amps don’t even get warm,sound good and are affordable.Sure you can spend more for marginal gains but I believe it’s not worth it !If they break,that’s another story.Someone once posted that I shouldn’t have such expensive speakers on Emo amps!Im getting great sound and I’m happy!I have heard more of a difference  changing preamps than amps.Working on the source helped more that anything so far.Emotiva amps are always easy to sell if you don’t like them!I say get the best speakers you can.