Celestion Ditton 44 Speakers

Does anyone have or ever had Celestion Ditton 44 speakers? I saw a pair at a thrift shop, excellent condition, cheap, and could not resist buying them. I am currently have them hooked up to my store system (In budget minded virtual systems). Any comments about them? Has anyone ever replaced or upgraded the capacitors in the crossovers of vintage speakers?
My comments after a week of listening: Very listenable; no listening fatigue; punchy bass (they have a 12 inch woofer). However, they are noticably somewhat "muddier" than the CAMBER speakers I have been using. Not lots muddier, but somewhat muddier. By muddier, I mean less precice sounding. (The Celestions are three way speakers, and the Cambers are two way with a 7" woofer, and that may partly explain why the Celestions sound muddier.) I will hook the Cambers back up when I get around to it. However, I would like to try the Celestions in a room that is more appropriatly set up acoustically. If you look at my virtual system, there are serious issues with the room of my store system, but that is where I listen most.
playtrim
Hello everyone,
I have just spent a small fortune upgrading my 44's.
I made new boxes from 1" HDF this is guaranteed to be the same density accross the board. I have upgraded the crossover with Asar supersound caps and new coils and silver soldered all connections. High grade wires are also used through out the speakers.
I finished the boxes in Rosewood veneer REAL WOOD! cost over 200 euros but looks very expensive with the black surface mounted griles.
The result of all this work is a much more open, detailed sound and awesome punchy base. I simply love my NEW 44's and I havent heard many speakers that can match them for all round listening pleasure. Maybe, Tannoy Buckinghams LOL!
The whole project cost me around 500 pounds sterling, a bargain.
I am amazed that these speakers are still being used and enjoyed! I bought a pair in 1972 and reluctantly sold them when I left the UK 'cos they were too big to ship overseas.

I can still remember the bass response on Pink Floyd's "Time" from "Dark Side of the Moon". I had a Pioneer PL12D turntable with a Shure V15 cartridge played through a Goodmans Module 90 receiver into the 44's.

No hifi system I've owned since has ever been able to produce the same room-shaking sound, I'm even tempted to go look for a pair.
Cripes, I have a pair of Ditton 33's, that I think are still In the loft somewhere lurking, I think I purchased them around the time Tchaikovsky was writing an Overture, I think It was circa 1812. No desire to get them out as they have had their days. A mate at school had a pair of Ditton 66's that were in their day very good, again circa 1812. I was envious but I couldn't quite stretch to the height of the 66's, so had to make do with the 33's.