South Florida - join in and make a REAL effort!

Ok, I have browsed the periodic threads for the Miami and other South Florida areas for audio clubs.  The interested parties are out there, but the thread posts are too few and far between, not to mention they span a few threads.

So, I will promise to act as the ring leader and gather the info and try to get something going!  If you are interested, post here, tell us your city and e-mail.  I'll make a list and if we get some traction, I will send out an e-mail to any interested parties so we can all make something happen!

In another post I was putting out a feeler to see if there are any vinyl fans who would like to share the cost of a high end record cleaner.  That can be something that some local vinyl fans may be interested in.

I would be happy to connect and hang out with other music nuts from time to time.  So, let it begin!

- Mark Tomaras mark (at) marktomaras (dot) com
marktomaras
There is a location in Pinecrest, FL (south suburbs of Miami for those who are not in this immediate area).  It is next to a Trader Joe's.  I was in there about 2-3 months ago.  I have not noticed any signs of permanent closure.  Give them a call.

Pinecrest Showroom
9131 S. Dixie Hwy
Pinecrest, FL 33156
305-661-6697

As to their service and quality, I cannot speak to that.  It seems that they are dealers for the more main stream, though it is possible to buy the prima luna line as you mentioned as well as the martin logan line.  At one point, they had a pair of either top of the line, or next from the top from martin logan in the pinecrest store.  Overall though, I found it to be a more mainstream audio shop and not one that will cater to an enthusiast or audiophile.
That's the location I'm talking about. I went on Saturday. Their space in the building has been emptied of all gear and a WRIT OF POSSESSION and SHERIFF'S EVICTION notices have been posted on the inside of the door. I have a photo I can send you privately. When you call either that number or the Ft. Lauderdale store you get a prerecorded message. Tried all day Saturday. No luck. I think they are gone. Along with monies they owe me...
The Ft. Lauderdale store appears to be open. They answered the phone. The Pinecrest number forwarded over there. Pinecrest is definitely closed.
I just found a South Florida Audiophiles (Fort Lauderdale) meet up group but it looks like is no longer active. The last events dates from 2015.
Would be nice to revive this meetup group or maybe create a new one.
Calling all South Florida enthusiasts, I am about to sell my entire system save for the speakers.  Moving to Europe! Probably selling the record collection too! If you’re curious, you can see my system here.

if anyone’s interested, you can come over for an in home demo before you buy!