Jetrexpro's music on YouTube

Hi guys,

Over the years I have composed quite a bit of music and much of it for no other reason than to scratch the musical creative itch I have.  This music is sitting in drawers and cd cases and will not be heard if I don't do anything about it so over the coming months I'll be posting some of it on YouTube. The first two pieces are posted. Regards Jet.

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9zRlvmwDraBRsZdj5ymn-w

jetrexpro
Hi Jet, 
I listened this morning and enjoyed your music.  If you ever decide to make a recording let me know.  Do you play jazz? I love jazz guitar chords 😊. 
Charles 
 Hi Charles. I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, rock and pop music. But I don't actively play jazz.  In this recording I recognize some jazz elements and jazz harmonies and the music has a swingy a type of feel.  It seems a hybrid between various styles. Regards Jet

Hi Jet,
Yes I detected a jazz like influence that's why I wondered if you might in the future incorporate some jazz chords. Just reflecting  my own musical biases I suppose 😊. 
Charles 
Oh I understand your question :) in my music there are usually a fair amount of chords that one could consider jazz sounding chords. The question that comes to mind is, does the chords and the progression sound like a progression one might hear in a jazz piece? In my music the awnser is usually no, the jazzy chords and chord progressions in my stuff don't seem to function like the ones you might hear in jazz compositions. I don't think it's a conscious decision and I have actually not thought about that before, but I think my musical brain for better or worse has its own ideas about how harmony functions and that governs why these jazz chords sound the way they do. Kinda like Steely Dan or Pat Methaney, they use a lot of jazzy chords, but the chord progressions in thier music don't nessesarily sound like traditional jazz music.