Don Sach's pre amp

I know these are custom made tube pre amps I am debating on getting one any audiogon members who have this pre amp can they give me a feed back on these /
128x128a_shah
Thanks for the update on Bendix. I'm partial to Tung-Sol but may order one to evaluate. Anyone have a reliable source?

Thanks,
Wig

@a-shah,

I find that Yggdrasil sounds just a bit better through its XLR output. It's not a huge difference, but it is there. So I have ordered my DS 2 line stage with an XLR input. I will compare XLR and RCA in to see how the DS 2 sounds best in the chain.

Of the top of my head, I have these tubes:

Raytheon VT-231 (flat plates with 8 copper rods)
Ken-Rad VT-231 (both black and clear glass)
RCA VT-231 (grey glass)
Sylvania 6SN7W
Sylvania VT-231
Sylvania 6SN7GT (Bad Boys)
Sylvania 6SN7GTA

I have some more that I can't remember. I am on vacation and don't have access to my list.

I have tried the CV 181-z tubes in the past and found most of the above tubes to be better. I ordered a set with the DS 2 and will try them with that line stage.
I have the same selection of NOS to include WGTB and RCA 5692 and in a previous Modwright Sony 5400 CD Player which utilizes 6SN7s, the CV 181-Z walked all over my NOS tubes; not even close...

Wig
Since the website does not list specs, I have a question. Is Don's preamp using cathode-followers for the 6SN7 gain stage?

Also, if this is a single gain stage, is it sensitive to microphonic tubes? I assume you are all testing for low- noise?
@wig 

In my tests, the NOS tubes walked all over the CV 181-Z. If these tubes were as great as you say, the NOS 6SN7 market would dry up in a New York minute....