OK all you Infinity RS 1A/1B Beta speaker owners..

.......everyone tells me to bypass the active crossover and drive my mid-range/tweeter towers directly rather then having the pre-amp conected to the crossover. Can someone tell me the step by step procedure on how this is done?
Also, are there any other mod's to the "active" servo crossover???

Thanks again for all your support and help!
rwd
impossible if by pass, because RS 1b no build passive x-over crossover in LF column. If you can get one's on the market 20hz-400hz max 1200w hopefully it work.
Hi you must use the crossover the bass is servo controled by it and the input impedence puts the proper capacitors in series so the mid/high towers crossover at the proper crossover frequency.This is because the mid/high towers have a passive crossover.If yours does not work or you need one I have them for the RS1b system they are 500.00. but they make all the difference in the world.Hope this helps.
Thank so much for the feedback. However, I did hear that you CAN use another xover in the convential manor. I did not do that. I am using my origional one.

Funny that this post came up again! I was going to post the following.....

Listened to my RS 1-B's yesterday and BOY it sounded GREAT!!! Simply GREAT!!!!! Comments?
Hey Susieschaeffer,

Are you getting the new Graz EMIM diaphragms for your 1B's? They made a big difference in my RSIIb's!
I put in a pre order with graz,waiting to here back.Don,t know if they will work in conjunction with the other emim drivers that opperate at diferent frequency might blend right.As you know the RS1bs are a point source system most think it is a line source system.Only 1 emim on each side gets to do most of the work the other 12 emims work at a lower frequency to blend with the bass towers.They are starting to sound prety good,but I think my 3.6 maggies are better.With the maggies I did use infinity RS1b bass towers and the crossover and only the mid/high section of the maggies.They have a much more defined soundstage that goes wall to wall and has lots of depth.I also have about 10 years of tuning them up with cables (speaker & interconect)Amps.The amps don,t work at all with the infinitys.So I have not given up yet I will tune them for a while if I can,t fix the shortcomings I am thinking of going to the maggie 20.1s With the infinity bass towers.I am lucky to have collected 3 sets of bass towers and 4 crossovers over the years. 2 sets have sequencal serial numbers.I guess I rambled on to answer your question yes.