Journey ending speakers

Listening to to my  stereo last night thinking about what upgrade I may do in the future. May upgrade my CD player or change phono cart or a new arm? But one of the things I will never change is my speakers. My journey has ended with the speakers I have now. Are you like me and have your forever speakers? Oh mine are a set of 30 year old 4 way JBL  Studio Monitors 4345s.
ricpan
Post removed 
Ctsooner  i'm glad you love your vandersteens  but I had to chime in and correct your statements. All these so-called advances in materials are mostly bunk.   A good old paper driver is still king for musicality. You can assemble a system with eighty-year-old technology that will sound better than everything at the shows. Now I'm not disputing the fact that material advances have made better capacitors and resistors but as far as in speaker technology I'm not buying. 
My system consists of a pair of Oris horns with Fostex drivers and separate tweeters.  I have a pair of TAD 15 inch woofers that are separately by amped.  The horns and tweeters are run by a western electric 300 B clone and the woofers are run by a sumo Polaris solid-state amp. 
 I am very familiar with Vander Steen sound  having on the pair for numerous years and I have heard your speakers  numerous times as well. I'm sure your system sounds very very good and it will probably do a few things better than mine but likewise my system will do a few things better than yours. If all of these  advances were so great your modern system should completely obliterate mine with it's 80-year-old technology.  Rest assured that would not be happening. 
 I feel the need to try and correct these types of statements because I feel that they are driven by marketing simply to cause people to spend endless amounts of money and never exit the merry-go-round. 
I bought B&W 804s in the 80s. Never thought I would find anything I would like better at a reasonable cost. But, basically to prove how good they really were, I purchased a set of Tekton Double Impact speakers as a "trial". Thinking the Tekton build-up was all hype and to really test the quality of the 804s with a newer speaker. Didn't work out that way. The Tektons displaced my much loved 804s. So I figured the DIs were going to be my bucket list speaker. Well, until Tekton announced a Special Editiion verson of the DIs and agreed to let me trade the standard ones in for them. Waiting on those now. Sometimes constants change...