Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Great thread... I have been through speaker "upgrade-itis" going from Klipsch KG4's in my college days, to ML Mosaics (could not afford electrostats), to Paradigm studio 100's and finally to Dali Euphonia MS4's. I purchased the MS4's second hand here off AGon over 2 years ago. It may be that they are the best speakers that I HAVE ever owned, (few reference points), but I honestly believe that I will own them for life. I sway, over time, between 2 channel and HT, they more than impress me in either situation. As I age, I believe that I will continue to see their value, and as I have told my wife, they actually can bring tears to my eyes with the magic they create.
I've been using a pair of Empire grenadier 8000p in my bedroom and They sound beautiful. These babies were made in 1966 and sound superb. I had a pair of vintage kef 105.4 reference before I got married, I hooked them up to my Accuphase p-800 power amp and my accuphase dp70v cd player that was a heavenly sound.
I have a pair of Altec Model 19s. While they will not win anyone's contest for sweetest treble, they are pretty special. I just spent a couple of weeks listening to them. Wonderful with tubes and analog.
Found a demo pair of Revel Studio's for 6K
Currently driving with Pass Aleph 2's Rega P5 & Benz L2
using Jolida JD9 phono stage with Underwood LVL2 mod.
Excellent in 20' x 18' room. Placed about 3/4 way into room 8 feet apart, slight toe in. Bass is good with vinyl, insane with well recorded CD. Bottom line, 200 WPC and good supportng electronics will make you fall in love too.

I want to bi-amp but do not know how to defeat the Studios crossover network. Not sure I want to.
LS3/5As were what i WISH i had kept. i couldnt afford to keep them then. also, the DQ10s modified by randall research that i sold for a friend driven by a hafler 500.

dQ10s with bass because of the amp. oh well, i guess i will limp by with my current system\:

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/588.html