Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I've had these ADC Sound Shaper 3010 bookshelf speakers for going on ten years. They've certainly endured. I got them from my father who had them I think for 5 years beforehand. I'm only thinking of replacing them because the cabinet's cracked on both. I use them as a right and left channels.

Can anyone tell me more about ADC Sound Shaper? I know they used to make equalizers and other equipment. The speakers sound great, are three-way, have an impedance of 6ohms, and handle up to 150 watts. Frequency response is 24-28kHz.

I'm no real audiophile (my hearing doesn't allow for it). I have:

Pioneer VSX-D5095 a/v receiver (5.1)
JBL TXLps10 subwoofer
aforementioned ADC sound shaper 3010 speakers
Sony entry-level center channel and rear surround set
Momitsu 880 DVD/CD player
Scientific-Atlantic 8000 DVR cable box
I've had over 60 speaker systems, all types and sizes, over the past 30 years and I really like the Coincident line of speakers. Presently have a pair of Conquests that I plan to keep forever. May try the Partial Eclipse someday but still plan to keep the Conquests.
The first high end speaker is the last speaker I will own, that is the Proac responce 2. I think that this speaker does many things right. When matched with their respective Target stands & coupled with a good subwoofer they will make magic. I would prefer a pair of Legend's but they were not out yet. I also feel that an upgrade should not involve much additional funds since the Proacs are an excellent speaker in itself.
Surfgod. I would heartily concurr with your speaker choice. Given good electronics and placed on proper stands in an appropriate room..... they will humble far too many so called hi-end speakers out there today, regardless of cost. Designed and tuned by an artist with a great ear for music. Sadly.... I sold my pair many years ago to upgrade to the response 3... which turned out to be a little to large and overpowered my smallish room at the time.
The answer to this question was very easy for me. I do own a couple of high-end speakers, both from Proac, but I always find myself wanting to upgrade them, to a model with the greater bandwith, sensitivity or looks, but there has been one speaker, which is my guest bedroom system that I have never upgraded,sold, or even thrown away. It is the Bose 10.2 Series 2. And while its performance is dwarfed by my larger, costier references, there is still a visual, musical allure about them which prevents me from getting rid of them. They are only driven by a 50wpc yamaha reciever and a 10 year old pioneer 10dsk cd changer. Its just so appealing as a low-end system that I cant get rid or it. Anyone else have these boses that they cant part with?