Best Tube Amp For Sonus Faber? Or Pass XA-100.5? $6-7,500 Budget, Purchasing Used.

As the title says, I have a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III's that I am more than pleased with, for which I am trying to determine the best available amplifier, preferably tube. Of course, there are always budget limitations and my budget for this amp would be $6-7,500, and I would be buying used to maximize purchasing power.

Based on a lot of research, and quite a few auditions at brick and mortar stores, various home systems, Axpona, etc. I'm honestly not sure if there are any truly exceptional tube amplifiers available within that budget that meet my needs. These speakers need 100wpc tubed, or 200 wpc solid state, into 4 ohms to really open up and perform. 

If, in the end, there are no really great tubed options, I've always heard that the Pass Labs XA-100.5's were probably the optimal choice in solid state for former tube lovers. I would also appreciate any thoughts on that option from owners. 
nightfall
Post removed 
djfst said:

" The new IQ continuous auto bias in the latest VAC amps are a night and day difference from their prior 160, 200, 300 phi models.  Far more smoother and transparent, tighter bass, etc and more stable power output makes it a lot easier to handle all speakers.  I owned the VAC and as well as the SF Olympicas and the Elipsa and handled them fine.  the VACs are paired with Magicos, Focals, Vandersteens, Sonus Fabers, Harbeths, and know they can drive them well, even with the stock KT88s.   But if you're in love with the PASS LABS, then you it seems like you found what the sound you're after."

The problem I'm having in moving to a Pass is size and heat. That and the fact that as joeinid noted above, the next amp up the line that shares the true greatness of the 60.5's that I like so much are the 160.5's. Those are not only huge, but can each double as a furnace, in my room, I could sell space as a sauna. Not to mention they are thousands out of my budget. 

I was considering the highly rate Pass 350.8, and one was just available at a price several thousand under the going rate, and in my budget, but it sold before I could make a final decision.

So I was strongly leaning back toward the VAC and even talked to them at length. I know the PHI 300.1 will handle my speakers perfectlY, and there is one available, but it's not the latest series which you've noted represent a "night and day difference". And the newer model PHI 300.1a, on the very rare occasion it is available for sale, used, runs in the $10k area and also out of my budget. 

Those situations currently have me in a position where there isn't a clear choice unless I go with the PHI 300.1 available at the moment, which, both you, and an audiophile friend from Chicago have advised me is decidedly lower in sound quality than the newer version. 
This decision is not easy for sure.  There is a newer version 200 IQ on US Audiomart.  It is just a little bit more than the phi 300, but maybe talk with the seller.  The other great thing about the VAC is tube rolling.  With the auto bias, changing out the driver tubes (the 4 6SN7) can tailor your sound to your liking.  Unfortunately, whatever you have with the PASS Labs is fixed in stone.    No doubt the VAC will handle the Olympicas with ease.    I must confess, I am a tube guy and not a huge fan of solid state.  So I am biased :)  The VAC is best blend of solid state and tube sound I've come across (at least the newer models).   
I'm a tube guy too, and so, share your thoughts on this. When I talked to VAC, they were pretty clear that they thought even the older PHI 300.1 would outperform the standard 200IQ. Which it should, granted that the list on the PHI 300.1i, when last available a few years back was $20k, vs $14k for the 200IQ. And the PHI 300 are the top series, in terms of performance. They also had some concerns that the 200IQ stereo version would not prove sufficient to optimally drive my speakers fully. 100wpc is somewhat marginal. I also can't bear to have tubes locked up in a box, I need to see them! Not sure why they went that way with the 200IQ's.

They did say the the Signature 200 IQ Monoblocks would certainly better the PHI 300.1, and also drive my speakers to perfection, but those are $28k new and, even used, would not come near a price I could afford.  
that's surprising to hear, considering the 200iq is much newer than the phi 300 and has more of the flagship statement series technology and engineering built in to the 200 iq.  I talked with Kevin over the phone and he stated the 200 should drive the Sonus Faber line fine.  not sure if you spoke with him.  

the aesthetics of the iq (with the tubes in the back) represent a similar model they did before - I forget which one it was, but I know they used that design on the VAC Alpha Phi Integrated.  Personal preference, I guess.  Keep us posted on your decisions.  Not an easy decision for sure.