Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Sure you will get some very interesting responses. I have owned a pair of Spica SC-50s, predecessor to the TC-50 for about 15 years. Little odd shaped cylindrical enclosure. Coupled with a local designer's subwoofer, the combination has been amazing for the price. Vocals, piano, guitar excellent. Could not drive too loud or they became edgy. Visited audiophile dealers several times over the years comparing the SC-50s to their latest "hot" speakers claimed to be great for imaging and quality of reproduction. Each time left with my SC-50s. Nothing better until you spent over $800 per speaker.

Recently acquired a pair of Spica TC-60s. As advertised, great imaging. Not sure if Time Coherent is making the difference, but the TC-60s are clearer, slightly better imaging than the SC-50s. Neither has a strong low end alone, but the TC-60s coupled with the subwoofer are knock outs. The low end is cleaner, tighter, deeper and explain this - the subwoofer amplifer is now running at 40% volume when it previously took 80% for the same sound level. Better quality, less power.
I think speaker evolution when not paying a lot of money, kinda flattened out, and one's preferences play a part..

I am more keen on timbre accuracy and realism of sound...I dont particularly need an iron clad imagining speaker...But when well placed the L-96's image and create a decent soundstage, but with the advantage of incredible dynamics,,,You can sit at low volumes in a near field and just marvel at how well they sound even at low midnight listening levels...
Ill be keeping my Revel Salon's permanently. I also have a pair of Martin Logan Prodigies too, but these will be swapped out in due time, as they pull "elevator music"(non critical listening) duties at night.
I'll keep these Audio Note ANK/L speakers for as long as I can keep them floating, no? They work with the little 8watt amp (god bless her weak little soul). So we shall persevere....
Onward Christian Soldiers....

Or is it Muslimi Soldiers....

Never do get these things right