Feedback through turntable

My system consists of a McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC452 amp, MCD500 SACD player, VPI Aries 3D with Ortofon Cadenza MC cartridge, Manley ChinookSE phono stage, PS Audio P5, Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M speakers and REL B1 Sub bass system.  My issue is with turntable use only; SACD has no issues.  On my pre when volume is +55 (peak at 45watts) I start to get feedback through the turntable - a sort of low freq sound, back off volume and it goes away.  My Auditor M speaker is about 3 ft away and in front of turntable.  I do have a rumble filter (KAB) installed between preamp and phonostage to help with sub woofer pumping.  Due to room layout I cannot rearrange the setup/move turntable.  My turntable is on a 2.5" block of wood and that sits on 4 isolation blocks via spiked feet.  Any thoughts how I can eliminate this problem?  Harry Weisfeld with VPI states he has 4 15" woofers (JBL Everest) near his Prime Signature setup with no issues at all.  Why am I having this problem and how can I eliminate it?  Thank you in advance for all feedback.
miner42
The no slip carpet padding is incredibly minimal, maybe 1-2 mm thick. Wooden coasters wouldn't work because they would slide too.. I need something non slip. I could sand small divots in the platform for the balls to rest in...
.... that may work. A drill w/ a round sanding bit? Since only three areas are of interest, precision is not a major factor.

The wood on wood, I think, would be a better alternative to wood to carpet padding, as you've already written...?

Happy listening.

I'm on a ski vacation for the next week..

When I return, I may try sanding divots with a Dremel attachment...

Really though, the padding is BARELY there..