Know of a "Dirt Cheap" tweak?

I am looking for tweaks to improve the overall sound quality of my audio system. I recently purchased some TPC contact cleaner and it made a believer out of me. I noticed a signicant improvement, as if a veil was lifted my system sounded more clear and transparent. Bass got tighter too. Do you know of any cheap tweaks that have made a SIGNIFICANT improvement to the sound quality of your Hifi system...let us know... :-) Comments welcomed!
kasboot
Sabai, Franck’s guide to locations for resonators is just that - a guide. Even he says that. Every room is different. If your location is off by 6 or 12" that can make all the difference in the world, as you missed the peak. The real locations vary from room to room, system to system, speaker to speaker. Speakers radiate different patterns so there cannot be one size fits all. And that’s why you’re only guessing if you don’t use a SPL meter. And I'm not even getting into the RFI angle.

geoffkait,

In my system Franck's basic diagram works very well. Franck eliminated a lot of the guess work for me. YMMV.
So, anyway, has anyone played around with 1/2" diameter bowls? Just curious....

Two things improved the overall sound quality dramatically. I re-terminated the speaker cables, replacing the spades with the locking banana plugs. (if your amp has some fancy binding posts with a large contact area for the spade you don't to need to). Another thing I did was to move the speakers away the back wall. By the way I noticed that the OP started this thread 16 years ago. Wow.
Sabai

Just a quick note on the Franck Tchang placement. I was really not expecting much.....HOLY CRAP!! was I WRONG! The soundstage opened up in height, width and especially depth. Vocals were so much clearer. I do have a fairly revealing system, so others results may vary, depending on their gear, but this is one cheap tweek everyone should try. About 3 hours of labor including research, pick up of supplies, installation and about $20 out of pocket, yielded what I would consider a $1000`s worth of improvement!