Taralabs cables

Hi, I wanted to start a new thread for all the owners of Taralabs cables, Enjoy, and cheers.
128x128audiolabyrinth
andrew9405, LOL?

As a rather colourful Australian politician(shades of Donald Trump) said when she didn’t understand the meaning of a question she was being asked, "Please explain".

audiolabyrinth, in answer to your question.

They currently retail here for $50,000 AUD.

Too expensive for my taste but I had lusted after them after I heard a demo conducted by their creator Colin Whatmough some years earlier.

The local retailer had had some on demo for some time and I thought them sold. That apparently fell over.

Was I interested I was asked?

I still thought they were too expensive but they offered me a once in a lifetime deal which included a full trade in price on my 2 year old speakers, a 40% discount on RRP, plus a 1.5metre Nordost Tyr XLR interconnect cable and a DEQX pre-amp/room correction processor(value $5,500) they were using with the speakers. They would delivery and install and room calibrate using the DEQX.

So I took the plunge.

Since then I have embarked on upgrading my components to get the best out of these exceptional speakers.

I have no regrets but I have a much lighter bank balance.

Its been a great journey.

Post removed 
Yes, they are beasts.

Each sub-woofer box have a massive screw type spike on each corner so as to elevate the speaker from the floor.  So that's the whole 140kgs sitting on those four massive spikes.

Each to their own in what approach you take. 

Its a bit like golf equipment.  I have a mate who just loves buying new clubs, putters and drivers because he is, as we say, a "golf tragic". He just wants to believe that the new equipment will make him straighter, longer, better(no chance).

I do get "cable envy" and that's an itch I am presently about to scratch with the Tara Zero Gold interconnects that are currently in transit to me. 

I will post my 0.8 v Zero Gold shootout when it arrives.
Woogie59, I bought my zero gold interconnect used, It took 300 hrs of reburn in to realize most of the cable's sound,  btw, what are you doing with outlet's and house wireing?
I use a PS Audio P10 and an Isotek power board(for TV, player etc) both plugged into normal wall sockets.

The P10 certainly makes a difference along with good quality power cords.

The Isotek board is one of their base designs( approx. $599AUD) and is designed more as a filter.  It certainly improves the TV.

Last year I went to an Isotek demo night at a local Audio Store. Isotek demo'd their range using the same music, cables, speakers and components.  The units were just plugged into a normal wall socket.

As you went up the product scale the improvements were audible.