Yamaha GT 2000 Turntable

Hello there ! Looking for any Yamaha GT 2000 owners / ex owners out there to share their experience and opinions regarding this turntable ..
blz_tone
Between Technics SP10 Mk2 and GT-2000, which one is more transparent and higher resolution ?
Can anyone in the US using a GT-2000 -- bought in Japan -- tell me if you need a step-up/converter (from 100 to 110/120 volts) to use it? If so, does using the step-up affect the sound or stress the power supply? Thanks

Sumazing — I don't use a GT-2000, but a Denon DP-80, also 100V. The answer's still the same. The step-down (not step-up) has Zero sonic effect. It only involves the motor, which needs very little power, so you can get a 100watt-capable xformer — they're small and inexpensive.
Agree with Bimasta. I also own a 100VAC Denon DP80 and use a stepdown.  If anything, the step down transformer affords a form of isolation from your household AC contamination.  You can buy a very capable unit for well under $100 off eBay.  I actually own two of them.

Pani, Based on having owned an SP10 Mk2 and what I know about the GT2000, I would choose the latter.  This is not a night and day difference, and it is not meant to slur the Mk2, which is a fine turntable.  However, I like the "bi-directional" servo mechanism (I think it may be similar to the circuit used in the Victor TT101), the over-size platter, and the coreless motor of the GT2000 vs the Mk2.  This is just my opinion.
Thanks for the info. I heard a GT2000 at Disk Union in Tokyo last fall and have lusted after it ever since.

Now, next question: what's the best reasonably priced cartridge (<$1000) to use with it?