Why does it take so many hours to brea in arc preamps and amps?

I recently purchased a like new ARC 5 SE pre amp.  The unit had less than 200 hours on it.  Everything I have read states that ARC preamps take up to 600 hours to fully break in.  Why is this so and what improvements can I expect to hear as the unit accrues hours?
ewah
Actually, an expert in court provides expert opinion or evidence, not proof. See the difference? Besides an expert can be wrong, his testimony doesn’t guarantee success for whomever he is testifying. And experts don’t always agree. That’s why the defense expert witness often disagrees with the plaintiff expert witness. Hel-loo! That’s why the Appeal to Authority is an illogical argument.

what was the insult darkmtter?

No one can deny that Nelson Pass is an expert, and the experiments prove him right.

Or are you a science denier?

Authority is not as good as an on point experiment but a LOT better than an ill informed opinion?  If you don't believe that then do your own surgeries and find out.
just show measurements that demonstrate a change after burn in then i'll be a believer.

dchang1981
just show measurements that demonstrate a change after burn in then i'll be a believer.

How do you measure soundstage, grain, bloom and warmth?

To Randall-11

I have lots of practical and theoretical, working in the Aviation world in avionics, I also am a certified Machinist and fabricator. I have rebuilt and restored many audio units, reel to reel recorders, tape cassette, amps, preamps, etc... Designed my own gear, built many varieties of cables and so forth. 
But you may have known that if you actually read the post rather than breeze through and develop your usual assumptions and then criticize others. 
For those of you who cant build their own gear, the lack of real experience tends to make you more prone to believing whatever sounds most convincing or has been kicked around in forums here and there. 
You can speak with the moderator about your comments, they know about them and so do you. Have some respect and manners speaking to members.