Bricasti M1 DAC vs PS Audio Direct Stream DAC

I own a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC that I like a lot but heard my friends system with the Bricasti M1 and I am strongly thinking of changing my DAC and would love your feedback from other members that have heard either or both. I know they are both great but really thinking of changing my Dac from PS Audio Direct Stream to the Bricasti M1 DAC. I use a HP Desk top computer as source with Jplay and JRiver Media 19 and the outstanding Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable. The rest of my system is below. I listen to Classic Rock, jazz, vocal, some modern music and the usual audiophile stuff.

Thanks

My system for reference.

Ascendo C-8 Renaissance Speakers (Germany) Monitor
Purist Audio Design Corvus Praesto Revision 2.5m Bi-Wire Speaker cable
Cardas Clear Interconnect 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Audio Research REFERENCE 1 w/Rhodium IEC/NOS Tubes Tube preamp
Decware ZSTAGE External Triode Output StageTelefunken ECC801S
PS Audio Direct Stream DSD DAC w/ Bridge DA converter
Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable
PS Audio PerfectWave PowerBase Vibration Cancelation/AC Condtioner
Conrad Johnson Premier 12 Mono's 140 Watts Tung-Sol KT120's amps
PS Audio PowerPlant Premier AC Regenerator
BMI Shark Pure Jeweler Grade Platinum AC Power Cable
Sablon Audio Petite Corona 2.0M AC Power Cable
Mad Scientist PC-NEO with Power Purifier AC Power Cable
JPS Labs The Power AC+ 2M AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series SE T1 AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series T1 AC Power Cable
PS Audio Noise Harvester (5) Converts noise to light
OYAIDE RI Beryllium Power Outlets (2)
Hubbell Outlet 5362/5262 Deep Cryo Process
Blue Circle Audio The Yalu Balula Industrial Surge/Spike Protection
JPLAY v5.2 hi-end audio player turns PC into a digital transport.
JRiver Media Center 19 Music Software
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Hi fsmithjack,

"This looks awesome - OK so to summarize so I buy the Oppo BDP-103 and this board the Vanity 103HD DoP board and install it myself then just use it as a cd transport?"

Well, that’s the idea as I understand it from what I read, anyway. Of course you don’t need the Vanity board unless you actually play SACD’s as well as CD’s.

As far as my personal system goes, I prefer digital files, with just the occasional CD. So I’m sticking with the Marantz, but the Oppo / Vanity combo sounds like a cool idea if you’re into SACD discs.

If you have any questions about compatibility with your DAC, etc. you should direct them to JVB Digital.

As for the other stuff, I don’t have any experience with the hardware / software you mention, so I’ll leave that to someone else.

I recently upgraded the Bricasti M1 to the SE version. The sound is slightly different. Female vocal and high frequency sound becomes a lot more "clear" and transparent. The bass is also stronger/tighter. 
However, the mid range / mid bass seems to lose a bit of the 'organic' body. Maybe it sounds a touch too clear. 
Although, this is fresh out of the box after the upgrade, I'll let it run in a bit more to do more extensive listneing. 
Also, the new version is installed when I received the unit. V1.38.
I asked Brian and he said it is the current production version, just some minor bug fixes from v1.32. No improvement in sound quality apparently.
Hulk, how do you like the SE upgrade now. I found it gets much better. The new Caps need a while to burn in as well as the new wiring. I am curious as to your thoughts and/or anyone else about the SE upgrade after a couple months of good old burn in. I love mine. I found it gets much better over time... I have switched tons of gear over the past few years, tons, a couple full rig remakes and just couldn't get a rig to stick but man this DAC and my currant incredible speakers (Rethm Saadhana V3) and my amp, a DHT Triode SET amp the (Triode Labs  2A3SE-FFX DHT SET) are just so much better than anything I have ever owned and better anything else I have heard since anywhere else. I am looking to upgrade my preamp though :). Always something :)
One thin for sure about the PS Audio Directstream that makes me real jealous as a Bricasti M1 Owner is the transport. The Directstream has that great bridge which is great. Love the sound of my Auralic Aries with Duel Femto clocks with the great SBooster Linear Power supply and Ultra filter and the great Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB cable but on my fios network it drops out all the time and drives me nuts! Man, what are any of you guys using for steamers or transports? I need to make a change and would love some feedback / advice about what you guys are using?