Joule Electra preamps and amps. What is your impression?

Never auditioned them. Thinking about replacing my SS integrated. Lamm, VAC etc. are out of reach.  Also, how would Joule preamp work with some SS amp, say, Rowland # 2 or older Pass or something like that ?
My Redgum integrated is very dynamic with excellent drive and bass so I won't sacrifice that even for a more natural and sophisticated.
inna
inna, I've owned a JE LA-150 with the phono stage for several years.  Most of that time it drove Parasound JC-1 monoblocs.  I never had issues with noise, even with low output cartridges.  I heard several JE amps over the years and always enjoyed their rich, musical presentation with the right speakers.  Most OTLs don't match well with low impendance models.  My speakers dropped to around 3 ohms at two different frequencies so the JE amps didn't work for me.  Also I live in SoCal without AC so heat was a concern.

I would also agree that Jud's retirement should not be an issue.  Rich at Signature Sounds is friends with Jud and has been a dealer for many years.  He continues to service and sell Joule Electra (used) products so prospective buyers and owners can have confidence.

My older Sound Labs are very difficult to drive, but newer ones are easier, so I am not best to opine on that.
Just a FWIW, sbank, there are some simple mods to the Sound Labs that make them a lot easier to drive and also better sounding regardless of the amplifier. Or you can just get the new backpanels for them.
My speakers have a nomibal impedance of 8 ohm and I have no idea of the curve. Audiokinesis makes interesting speakers, I think, never heard them, though. Audio Note, Harbeth, Spendor are not for me, I guess.
Powerful SET sounds good to me.
If you have a question about a speaker, just let me know what it is and I can let you know. The requirements for our amplifiers are similar to the Joules.
 Thank you, Atmasphere. It is Michael Green Audio Revolution 80i free resonance speakers. 
You know, though it is difficult to assess while listening to youtube, that set-up - Classic Audio speakers, your amps, Purist Audio cables and some turntable sounded really good, I think. I would improve the source, though, but it's a guess. It's the video posted on Purist Audio website.