Looking for budget reciever for second system.

Hello,

I am looking for a budget reciever for a second system. My maximum budget is US$300.

I have Monitor Audio B1s on the way which I plan to use as fronts, and Mission M30is fo use as rears. I will figure out a center channel later.

the system will be mainly used for music. I was wondering if you have any recommendations. I am not in a situation where I can audition to anything other than cheap recievers that are six years old because of my location, so that is out of the question for now.

I am looking at the Teac AG-L800, The Onkyo TX-SR503, and Pioneer VS-X515 recievers new and am looking at a a few things that I have seen here on Audiogon; Sony AVD-S50es, Harman kardon AVR-135, Yamaha RX-V496.

Any suggestions on any of these or other choices are appreciated.

I am leaning to the Teac because of its size and the remote looks great, but if it doesnt sound the part, then its not worth it. Also the Sony is a great option because it has the dvd player built in, but once again, the sound needs to be decent.
eccbo
I have had excellent results with the following three:

harman kardon avr20 mkII
carver hr-895 and htr-880

I owned each a minimum of 5 years and was very satisfied with each for their musical reproduction, especially at the prices (or lack thereof) they command today. I think the hk avr25 would be also be of interest, although I have not owned it.

Of course if you want dolby digital/dts and modern home theater features you'll have to look elsewhere.
thanks for the replies guys.

The Sony sale looks like it may have fallen through so thats out of the question.

Thanks for the recs for the Onkyo. It was second on the list for the new/refurb ones behind the Teac.

I still have a lot to consider. I will keep looking on Audiogon for a few days before i amke up my mind, but I would love to purchase soon.

Keep the recommendations coming. I would love to hear them.

D
wasnt there a two channel Outlaw reciever featured on the cover of Sterophile a couple months ago? If I recall it was cheap and got a great review.
Guys, you're talking about 2-channel receivers and the OP is talking about a HT receiver (mentions rears and a future center channel). Not to say that a 2-channel receiver won't sound a lot better than a comparably priced multi-channel unit, but, that wasn't the question.

Enjoy,

TIC
Denon AVR486. $299. It can be used for 7.1 or 5.1 with 2 zone, multi source powering a second set of remote speakers. 75Wx7 Channels. It remembers the channel levels,surround mode, and other settings for each input, a very convenient feature. I use it in my bedroom system. It does not have an on screen display however.