Help! My system is very bright it hurts my ear

Anyone..help...Here is my system listed...I'm new to audio...cd is raysonic 128 with 2 amperex gold pin 2 EH (6922)...golden audio se40 with 6 of JJ 6l6gc..Macintosh c40 pre.amp..new Aragon 8008...n pair with quad 22l2..here is the hook up, I hook up golden audio to high n mid and hook up Aragon for base...I have tried different speaker like Gallo 3.1 n monitor s8i but still too bright..is just too bright...any help please?????  Oh..forgot the system is in living room with 20' ceiling, could it be acoustic issue or pair issue, tube, amp, speaker....help please?????
fatgosil
i had the same problem in my room , what helped with my bass and less harshness was to not hook up the speakers to the highs , or by amp , but to use the bottom terminals 
Hello fatgosil,

You are on the right track by using two amps. You do need to make sure that all the system is connected and working. We can help you
but first we need to know a couple of important answers. I have seen the questions but am not sure if you gave answers to all of them. 1) Did you hook this up yourself? 2) Did you remove the connection bars that connect the woofer to the mid, tweeter for single amp use. 3) The amps need to put out the same power with the same input. The Aragon puts out 1W for .12 v and 200W for 1.7 V. I could not find the GA SE40 spec for this. Do you have this info and can you tell us? The reviews of the Quad 22L2 say that it is a little base shy.This gives a more detailed and brighter sound. If the GA amp can deliver let's say 2W for the same input then your mid, tweeter will be playing 3db louder than the woofer. This will make the speaker sound even brighter. The GA amp is single ended and as such it is easy to overload. It has problems below 100Hz and 2-3k (your speaker X-overs) It could be having problems with the load. It only puts out 15W in the mid and 7W in the low end. This can be fixed! 3) Did you put back the bars when you tested the single amps. And did you still hear the bright sound with both amps. Please let us know how you are doing.  We can work together a step at a time to  solve your problem. I do not think that you need to change anything in you system. Just make some adjustments.  My Best
You can try focus rings from Russ Andrews or another supplier, it is a cheaper tweak easily audible that try to remove side dispersion on tweeters.
Maybe it is just a "code 9.5 " problem. Meaning the problem is located  9.5 feet in FRONT of the speakers.

This very scientific diagnostic tool should be the very first step taken in solving MANY hearing-related issues. Total investment: $ 7.29 ;)

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-ear-wax-removal-kit/ID=prod6100589-product
Big Oriental Rug, Thick. 
Buy about 5 boxes of Owens Corning 703
Mullard tubes-tone down a system like no toher
Dedicated lines-electricity pollution gives a frenetic edge to an otherwise nice audio signal. It probably won't matter what you do until you get the "noise" out of the signal. .Clenaing up the signal was the most significant shrillness eliminator I found.
If you were to drop in an acoustical ceiling a lot would change also.
Unless the room and electricity is right a neutral or even warm system wil sound wirey and bright.
Good luck, I can tell it means a lot and wish you success.