Topnotch BluRay Concert.....

I recently bought Adele on Blue Ray live at the Royal Albert Hall. Simply spectacular 5.1 sound. Anyone experience good 5.1/2.1 concerts feel free to explain in detail and even direct where to buy.....thx in advance:)

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
As a huge fan, I'll often recommend Lindsey Buckingham's recordings, and his "Songs From The Small Machine" BluRay might work for you here. I was at this particular show, and the sound on the Blu-Ray is, in at least one respect, better than the sound at my seat (the drum sound has been cleaned up on the recording).

Here's the set list:

"Shut Us Down"
"Go Insane"
"Trouble"
"Never Going Back Again"
"Big Love"
"Under the Skin"
"All My Sorrows"
"In Our Own Time"
"Illumination"
"Second Hand News"
"Tusk"
"Stars Are Crazy"
"End of Time"
"That's the Way Love Goes"
"I'm So Afraid"
"Go Your Own Way"
"Turn It On"
"Treason"
"Seeds We Sow"

The handful of acoustic numbers that start the show are performed solo and are a treat for fans of fingerpicked acoustic guitar. Then his band joins him and the set includes some great, full on rock n roll. The Fleetwood Mac tunes are great, if you're a fan. This is great stuff for fans of electric guitar. It may be a little schizophrenic for some tastes, but if you like both sides of guitar driven pop/rock music, this is a terrifically played, well recorded sampler.

Marty
The rock and roll hall of fame anniversary concert set of 2 disc is well recorded and has some nice performances. I strongly second Dave Matthesw / Tim Reynolds.
My two reference BluRays for concerts are - RUSH, Snakes and Arrows and Heart, Live in Seattle. Audio and HD Video are outstanding on both.
Roy Orbison has a wonderful blu ray. There are a good variety these days depending on your taste. If you just want demo material then the AIX set up/ test blu ray has some excellent performances. Next Tuesday I believe thre is a new Paul Simon concert being released which I'm betting will be superb.