Cleveland, OH

Anyone in the NE Ohio area that are still stalwart 2 channelers?
How about those of you who got rid of their stereo gear to go HT
only to regret it. Are you out there? COMMENTS
mosfetti
Andy,

When 2-channel was king in the 70’s and 80’s, we had a group in the greater Sandusky area that met between 2-3 times a month to listen. The group consisted of 8-10 people and we never had a problem finding a willing host. Things have changed dramatically since then due to the advent of home theatre; however, 4 of these guys still live in the general area and would probably like to participate. I know of another 3 that live in Toledo that would drive periodically to Cleveland or closer.

The bottom line is that the Ann Arbor / Detroit group meets one a month on Sundays and they have anywhere from 5-15 people at those meetings. Pretty informal – listening – eats – talk. They usually don’t have any problem getting host homes. This is an easy format to initiate. I’m all for visits to stores also if the group is up for it.

As far as how far I’ll drive, I have gone to 3 of the Detroit meetings @ 2-2 1/2 hour drive times and meet pretty regularly with a friend in Toledo. Most of the group attended the Detroit audio show last year. I have driven 7 hours to a CD player shootout in Chicago. I have driven overnight many times to hear new gear at stores far out of state. I’m pretty serious about the hobby and distance is not an issue. The group I know feels about the same.

As far as the other info you are looking for…..I shop/read Audiogon at least twice a week. I’ve bought equipment from many retail shops around the country as well as used stuff online. I have good friendships with John and Bob at Golden Gramophone, Mike at Audio Visions, and Art at Genesis Audio. Our group bought (4) Tympani 1D’s, (4) Audio Research SP6A’s, (3) Threshold 400A’s and (2) Audio Research D52B’s in one day in 1984 from GG.

Please email me with any additional info you need to put this together.
Next planned purchase/audition?
Either a VPI PLC or a SAMA for the HW 19 series.

Next part of your rig that you want to drop soonest?
On-board motor for the VPI HW 19 Series

Where do you shop for equipment?
Audiogon, Ebay, Hollywood Sound, BritAudio, AudioCubes,

How often do you check Agon
2/3 days a week.

How often would you like our club to meet?
Once a month.

What types of activities would you like to see become part of this club.
System critiques, group vinyl/high-end CD shopping.

Would you be willing to host a gathering?
Aboslutely. How much do you guys/gals like apartments :-)

How far are you willing to travel, what is the best day of the week for you to meet?
Being in Youngstown, I'd travel to Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Pittsburgh (not in
our forum)

Are you still interested in an Ohio audio club?
Absolutely. People who can justify my insanity.

Anything else please add, just hoping to get this moving forward.
Any vinylphiles? Any in Youngstown?
Afro18 I also have the VPI HW19 TT. I am runnning the SAMA stand alone motor as well. What a smooth operation. You are definitely headed in the right direction with that upgrade.
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the delayed response. My father has been in and out of the Hospital 4 times since Thanksgiving. This has taken much of my time to this point.

It sounds like there are about four or five of us that range from Toledo to Youngstown east to west and from Cleveland to Columbus north to south. I think it would be good to find a Central location for the first meet. Once we settle on a location then we can focus on the date.
Saturdays and Sundays seem to be the universal choices for this meeting.

Who has a central meeting place that would be willing to host out small group?