Oregon Audiophiles...

How many Oregonians are there here on Audiogon?
jtinn
Corvallis here --- anyone in my area these days ? If so you can send me an E-mail....
The first meeting of the Portland Audiophile Society will be at 10:00 AM on Saturday August 21st. Rangers Audio will be hosting. See website www.rangersaudio.com for details and directions.
Did you ever get a club started? I would be interested to correspond with you, I am the president of Pacific Northwest Audio Society in Seattle (audiosociety.org) we meet once a month on Mercer Island, maybe I can give you some pointers.
Ah the lonely world of Audiophilia. My co workers don't understand, my wife pities me (just kidding). I live in Albany, Oregon home of no respectable audio stores. I lived in Corvallis for 21 yrs where there is only one credible audio store (I do not consider an audio store with car stereo junk and decibel contests credible). We only had Northwest Audio Labs and it's proprietor Jim Ott. Jim is a true audiophile and gentleman. Unfortunately due to the the size of his store he can only carry a couple of brands NAD, Marantz, Paradigm, and Boston Acoustics. 40 miles to the south in Eugene is Bradford's Home Entertainment whose proprietors Geoff and Tim are great to work with and they have a great range of products from Vandersteen to Magnepan, form Musical Fidelity and Creek to Denon and Marantz, as well as Rotel, Paradigm, and B&W. It's a great store. 80 miles north is Portland and several great stores but my personal fave is stereotypes they are laid back and thaey have great equipment. Anyway it would be graet to have a local audio club. Anyone interested!
Good sounding stereo is alive in Medford - at least in my house.

20 years ago I lived in Southern California and had the very fortunate opportunity to participate in an audio club which counted among it's members Albert von Schweikert. At that time he would trundle his hand-made 'experimental' loudspeakers to the various members homes. His home-brewed devices sounded superior to any of the high-end loudspeakers which could be audioned in the high-end rooms around the Claremont area. His loudspeakers sounded like live music. Remarkable.

Any Medford-area stereophiles 'out there'?

Cody Grayland