Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
It was great to meet the new folks and see some familiar faces at Bob's last week. Turnout was excellent, which alas means I did not get to talk with everyone for very long...Still amazed that this thread is still alive almost 8 years after my first post!
Hey all you Cincinnati audiophiles I have just posted a update to My system in virtual systems under opinions wanted [ lake513- my escape ] check it out and tell Me what you think.I will be adding more pic's later today if I get a chance.
Hi Cinci-philes,

I know Audiophiles in Cincinnati like to complain about the lack of hi-end dealers locally. Even if you take a drive to Columbus or Indianapolis you may not get a chance to see/hear much audiophile 2-channel equipment.

Anyway, a couple of months ago there was a post on the A-goN forum by "Krell_man" saying he was coming to the Cinci/Dayon area over the weekend and wanted to know if there were any good shops around. The usual suspects were recommended, but Chuck "Krell_man" had already been to Audible Elegance and Progressive (Columbus) during past visits.

To make a long story short (sorry, too late), Chuck ended up at Hanson Audio Video in Dayton and he was extremely impressed with the folks who worked there, with their philosophy regarding "how to audition equipment" and with their selection.

Here's part of the e-mail Chuck sent me after the visit to Hanson Audio Video:

"Reubent,

I listened to the SimAudio Super Nova CD Player and I-7 Integrated Amp because they were the closest components to mine. They then switched between the Dynaudio C-1's and the JMLab Micro Utopia Be because I was wanting to see what other monitors are in the same league and might work in my system.

They have put together a unique and fantastic way of auditioning pieces that you need to experience for yourself. They have all of their pieces in a separate room. You pick out whatever setup the you want to listen to (they'll help you with it if you want them too), and they'll set it all up in the listening for you. There's not this system over here and that system over there.

I really appreciated that because Friday night I went to the new Ovation Ultimate in Indianapolis to listen to the Piega and Magnepan speakers. They had them hooked up to $1,000.00 Cambridge Audio and Arcam pieces. My CD Transport and DAC are $11,000.00 and my Integrated Amp is $8,000.00, I couldn't relate to anything that I was hearing because of the difference in the level of electronic gear.

It was really nice just talking to them too, I'm terrible remembering names, but I talked to the owner and the general manager. The general manager turned me on to Michael Hedges too, I bought that CD that very night. The GM has a degree in music from the Univ. of Dayton and the owner grew up in his Dad's stereo store. They has a wealth of knowledge together.

Chuck

============================

Sounds like an outstanding local shop and I was totally unaware of their presence in the market. BTW, I've heard the JMLabs Micro Utopia BE speakers (thanks Scott) that Chuck mentions in the e-mail. They are fantastic and if Hanson carries equipment of this quality, they are way ahead of most shops I've visited!

So, anyone know these guys? Anyone visit there shop? Anyone think we should contact them and arrange a "Cinci-phile" gathering at there shop?

This has been a public service announcement from your friendly, local audiogeek!

Enjoy,

TIC
Hello Audio Club, I hope all are having a fine summer. I'm hear to tell you that I have a number of TAS editions, they go all the way back to the beginning. I don't want to dump them, and I'm looking for a home in our sphere of phile's that would like to have them. Contact me via Phillykid on audiogon if interested. Otherwise, hope to see you at the next gathering.....Bill
Hi Guys,

This is Tom Albrecht in beautiful Loveland.I have been thinking of hosting an Audiophile Gathering around the middle of September, but I wanted to see if there is any interest before I start putting it together. Don't need any firm commitments, just let me know you you have any interest.

Thanks,

Tom