Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
I'm in Cincinnati, but I'm a college student and just getting started in the audiophile stuff. The only decent part of my system is a Rega P2, but so far I haven't been able to find anyone in the city that will show me how to align the cartridge, so I still can't listen to it. Does anyone in Cincinnati know someone/someplace that can help me? thanks; kenny
I'm a musicholic in N.Ky,about 15 min south of Cincy,my name is Bill(Sully)I am also interested in getting something together,I'm in to vinyl,although I lost much music in a flood some years back,always looking to share the experience,the only person in the area into audio is my good friend Lake513.....lets get it on!
So what kind of music is being enjoyed in Cincinnati? Myself, I would like to get into the classics a bit more deeply. My favorites at the moment are choral pieces from the Renaissance and jazz from the likes of John Coltrane and Miles Davis but I have to say that being 45 classic rock is still close to my heart. Also like some of the jams of mm&w. Well, happy listening. Anyone want to share music finds is welcome.
So, I just stumbled onto this thread. Has anyone gotten together? I'd love to hear some different systems and some interesting music. I've also done a fair amount of diy - most of my system is home-built. Good to hear there are others around here; sometimes it feels like a wasteland here in Cincy (especially on the West Side)...
Hey Cinci Audiophiles,

I still like the idea of starting a small club to get together occasionally.

I also have an idea about creating a mailing list to send out "pre-notices" when we are going to sell something on AudiogoN. I've now bought 3 or 4 pieces from local guys, including "slowhand" (Hi Tom!) who replied above.

It's nice buying locally as you can sometime audition the piece and you don't have to worry about the UPS gorillas messing up your hi-end audio pieces.

Anyone know an easy way to create and share a mailing list?

Enjoy,

TIC
(Tom In Cincinnati)