Here is how we roll in Cali:

Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
Bummer Phaelon, I used to love going to Taylor Street during the summer for a sandwich and an Italian Ice.
Louis' Lunch in New Haven, CT is the best in the world. (They also claim to have invented it.) Corner Bisto in NYC is runner-up.
Well, drove to RMAF this year from Phoenix, and timed it to do lunch in Santa Fe, so I could finally try the green chili cheeseburger at Bobcat Bite. Alas, a sign on the door saying they would be closed 'til the 20th let me know that it wasn't to be. Licked my wounds (and the plate) down the street at Harry's Roadhouse. This place is fabulous! Best strawberry rhubarb pie EVER followed a Buffalo Burger to die for. My daughter-in-law had a turkey panini with goat cheese, roasted peppers and artichoke hearts. I took a bite or three. Best panini I've ever tasted.
This place is a GEM, and I'd have missed it altogether if Bobcat Bite hadn't been nice enough to engage in corporate narcissism and take some down time!
10-24-10: Azaud
Best strawberry rhubarb pie EVER followed a Buffalo Burger to die for.
And I thought I was the only one to open w/ desert and close with the main course!
I said "followed", not "followed by"! I had to watch them bring pie after pie from the kitchen while I ate lunch. They all looked insane; but strawberry rhubarb is one of my faves, and not a lot of places known for pie have it. I live down the road from The Rock Springs Cafe, THE place for pie in the Phoenix area, a folksy old restaurant that pushes pie out the door in epidemic proportions, and Harry's Roadhouse had them beat hands down across the board. Rock Springs does have a bourbon apple pie that is far and away the best pie they produce, and this pie could sit on the cooling rack next to Harry's pies and not be too embarrassed, I suppose. You have to special order it though, so it's not available by the slice, which is a crime.
More to discover