Fix Aesthetix Io volume control?

Hello audio friends, I have a problem with the right channel volume control of the Aesthetix Io. It sounds like the solder has cracked. I wonder if anyone has opened these controls and fixed them. Maybe not too difficult? Professional repair is far from where I live.
Ag insider logo xs@2xo_holter
Here is what I have done after my phono stage said goodbye;

First, I turned to digital. I have a Logitech Touch, and downloaded two new albums in hi-res (96 - 24) format. Alt-J: An awesome wave sounds very good indeed, while Lizz Wright: Freedom & surrender is ok but more so-and-so, to my ears.

Secondly, after trying out the Touch digital, I got my Tascam DA-3000 DSD recorder ackup chain back, after problems with the hard drive a Seagate Wireless plus, I had to reformat, but now, it works well.

My thought, for now, to my audio friends, is this:

Consider investing in a good digital recorder. It can give added value in several sitations, including when your phono stage fails or is in for service.

I am very glad, I have many "vinyl drops". That way, the phono stage on repair is not such a devastating deal. I know this may sound a bit overdone. But once you have heard and become habituated to a really good phono device you dont want to do without it - there is no turning back. In my case, this is why I have used and upgraded my phono stage from the same factory for the last fifteen years [email protected]
Not devastating perhaps - but I do miss my phono stage.
Meanwhile I try to make the best out of it.

My digital vinyl drops are gold, now. The best are with the Tascam and the most recent analog source equipment.

Listening through my DSD recordings since I bought a Korg Mr-1 in 2009 I can listen back on earlier system setups and recording options, compared to the Tascam recordings over the last one and a half years. The Tascam recordings genrally win out. This is probably due to three factors, (besides better equipment) - better connections, double DSD speed, and a better recorder, compared to the mr-1.
I bought a used Graham Slee Fanfare 3 phono stage for ca $180 at Hifisentralen here in Norway just to be able to play records. Very glad I did, since the repair takes time. Also, I am a bit amazed that the little Fanfare does the job so decently, even if it is very far from the Io level of course. It is interesting to hear what a low-cost but well selected set of solid-state components can do. It weighs about 550 grams, less than one percent of my 3-box Io (63 kg). So I wish it was the Graham I had to send across the Atlantic for repair, not the Io. I also borrowed an ARC PH6 stage from a friend, again interesting - yes, this is a mid-level component that works well (and of course a big step up from the Fanfare), but again, not on the Io level. 
Update:

The Io is back from repair at Aesthetix. It took a long time, several components had to be replaced, problems were difficult to locate, and it was only after changing both volume controls that the repairs could be made.

I had to wait a long time, and in the meanwhile I tried some other phono stages. Although the Fanfare 3 performed great for the money, it is - and sounds - like an entry level solid state box. I got tired of the s-state sound. So, I bought a little tube China riaa, Music Hall, but it was made for a MM cartridge even though it said MC, or at least, it had too little gain for my 0.55 mv Lyra Atlas. Since the Io was still not repaired, I went a bit upmarket, and bought an ASR mini basic mk2. This was a good substitute, in many ways, well worth the money. Clearly beyond the Fanfare not to speak of the Music Hall. In fact, the sound profile (or philosophy) was quite similar to the Aesthetix Io. It was pleasing, in many ways.

Now however, the master is back, and let me tell you, it makes a difference. I was surprised. Even with new stock  tubes (rather than my selected NOS tubes) I have never heard the Io this good. It is amazing how a better phono stage can "energize" the whole system. The Io totally outcompetes my substitute phono stages, not just by itself, but in the performance of the other components in my sound system too. My cartridge, preamp, amps and speakers all sound better by having this "muscle" in the chain. The music is "there" in a way that was only suggested by the ASR and the others, including the good and decent but not so inspiring ARC PH6. The musicians are much more present in my room. So I am very happy with the situation now. The Aesthetix Io needs a bit of care, but I have not heard anything better.