Recent equipment you hated, thought overpriced

Enough with the glowing accounts and positivity. What equipment have you bought in the last couple of years that you either just hated or thought sounded good but was significantly overpriced? Dish it out.
jult52
Here's a little bad press regarding the Shakti Holograms in this thread:

"Shakti's 1200 to 1700 for a few pieces of wood? Yeah, right."

I have two pairs of the Holograms ... one pair in the corners of the room behind the speakers and another pair spread out behind the listening position. Yes, not only are they made of wood, but cheaply built and flimsy too. BUT, I would challenge anyone to come over while I move them in and out of the system and deny that they don't make a VERY significant difference. I wouldn't want to listen without them.
Gosh, Mapman, you don't say? I'm getting the distinct feeling you're not my kinda guy. :-)
Mpingo discs get pinged a lot, too. Which is really quite funny considering what even one will do in just the right place.
Mapman, you sound like you have a lot of experience with exotic tweaks that don't work. I trust you got your money back. :-)
McIntosh MAC6700 Receiver ...

Purchased back in April of this year in a futile attempt to lessen the equipment collection. $6500 full retail. 

Handsome, heavy thing indeed. 

Not long afterward I couldn't find the expected magic for some reason, there was something imposing itself on the sound.  There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the unit, it was simply the voicing of the amp that I found...not to my preferences. 

I traded it in for the new MC275 Mark VI tube amp and couldn't be happier.