Favorite CD treatment Products

Has anyone out there tried/compared CD treatment products such as the Auric Illuminator or Essence of Music treatment? Any preferences or comments on these products?
lubachl
Got to thinking about what Geoff asked. What is being left on the disc after buffing, leaving no residue? The first thing that came to mind was putting RainX on my windshield. RainX says it seals microscopic pores of glass with a super-slick, non-stick invisible barrier. So...
I have 2 Freedy Johnston/This Perfect World cd's, one is control, the other RainX treated. As I was treating the disc, I noticed my fingers felt slippery, slick like when I used the EOM. After playing one, then the other over and over again, I noticed no change whatsoever. Hoped for a change, but alas...would have been a cheap tweak if...
The word invisible can be a little bit misleading since the way CDs work is based on several things, not the least of which are laser wavelength and width, geometry of the disc and CD transport, the index of refraction of polycarbonate and the transparency of the polycarbonate layer of the disc -which is in fact not perfectly transparent. The transparency of polycarbonate is only around 90% or so so even if a particular CD treatment is absolutely transparent to the laser light (infrared) the clear layer is still 90% transparent at best. One would also prefer a CD treatment NOT to affect the Index of Refraction of the polycarbonate layer since that could aftect the geometry that has all been worked out already, no?
The error correction on the dvd player or cd player has to be much less engaged. I think the laser has a clearer or steadier view of the information it is to extract from the cd [with fewer errors]....It's not just playing more detail it is "how" that detail is appearing before me . This makes me believe it is not getting the info onto the cd as much as getting "all" the info back off the cd. The ebb and flow of the music with timber fullness is unlike anything I had previously hear from my cds..Quick story. A carpenter friend dropped in and did some flooring repairs. After finishing he sit back listening to Doug Macleod. He asked what the EOM sticker was on the cover. I took a Greg Brown cd and played a few lines. He loved it. Than I treated the disc with the EOM and replayed the same cut. He was stunned at the results. "It was clear before but now I can hear everything so easy". Than he said "You have a lot of work ahead of you," You'll have to treat every cd you play."
Question for all essence of music cd treatment kit....after treatment ... Almost all my CDs have countless "scratches". Treated some brand new CDs so I am sure it wasn't there before treatment. Care to check yours under a bright light to see if you are getting the same thing? Micro Fiber cloth brand new out of the box...so it can't be it. Btw...Anyone tried treating a cd twice? Any "improvement" over 1st treatment? Thanks.
One must be very careful of the cloths supplied as they might scratch the CDs. Someone dropped the ball on this one. This is very very unfortunate as I alerted my dealer some time ago about this issue. In any case, stop using their cloths and switch to the medical non scratch type of cotton cloth immediately if not sooner.