Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Possible "scoop" on the new Technics: From the drawings, it appears to have a coreless motor, a la my lovely L07D and the cantankerous TT101. That would be great. Furthermore, the magnets appear to be attached to the underside of the platter at its outermost perimeter, with the coils in fixed position beneath them, which would tend to benefit torque. One can only hope the thing will not cost $50,000.
Forgot to ask: I have reached the end of my rope with the TT101. In my efforts to fix it, I have achieved one thing; the fault is now constant, not intermittent. The good news is that this may make it easier for a really good tech to diagnose the problem, which I think is related to malfunction of one of the two opposing servo mechanisms. So, the question is, has anyone identified a tech who is well versed in these particular issues?
the fault is now constant, not intermittent
This is good news Lewm. At least a Tech can now 'trouble-shoot' it for you.
Can you describe the exact symptoms....?
hi Lewm,

You could try talking to the guy, Dave Brown, who fixed my tt 101. He wasn't taking new clients last I checked about 6 months ago, but he might be more open now. He's already famillar with the table and has perused the manual, so that saves a lot of time. You can find his contact info here. Good luck.
Thanks, Halcro and Banquo. To answer Halcro, the symptom is as follows and as I described it before, except now that it is constant, I can make more complete observations: The tt starts up fine. The tach will show it ramp up to the 33.33 display, but within usually less than a minute at speed, the tach will start to display errors, e.g., 33.34, 33.32. Very shortly thereafter (within several seconds), the power goes away and at the same time I now see that the motor assembly "shudders", vibrates enough to shake the chassis, just before power goes away and tach display will go blank, except for the decimal point. The brake does not activate; the platter coasts to a stop, as if one pulled the plug, but the Power light is on and the decimal point remains lit. I suspect that the shutdown is a safety mechanism that saves the motor from damage.