Driving MBL 121: Accuphase or Gryphon

I am looking out for an integrated amp (this is for my second system and compactness and small number of cables and wires are a must) to drive power hungry MBL 121.

These speakers have a very low efficiency (82db or so) and the amp needs to deliver a lot of juice to move and shake them.

I am pretty sure that the Gryphon Callisto 2200 would be a good mate both in terms of power (2*200 into 8ohms, 2*400 into 4 ohms) and sound (its rather razor-sharp personality will blend well with the sweetness of MBL speakers).

But I hesitate with a more recent Accuphase model, the E-450 which is a little bit less powerful (2*180 into 8ohms; 2*260 into 4 ohms) and has probably a more lush and reserved (?) personality. As I am currently based in Japan, I can have this piece of gear for a price which cannot compare with those at overseas dealers.

Could anyone enlighten me with their views on this dilemma?

Txs in advance
fabtokyo
I had the MBL 121's in my system for about 3 years before my recent upgrade to the Vienna Acoustics The Music. The 121's need lots and lots of high current power to sing. Integrateds may not be the way to go. The Accuphase won't cut it and the Gryphon will just skim the surface. Hate to tell you the truth about the 121's as the truth really hurts. You need gigantic Brystons for them to sound their best. If you can get a pair of 28B SST monoblocks(1000 watts each) in the used market, you would be much better off as they also come with a 20 year warranty. As for pre-amp, a used ARC will do just nicely.
I'm going to look at a MBL 121 tonight. Could this mean that my Pass Labs X350.5 may not be powerful enough to drive one of these monitors?
Desalvo55,

Going by the Pass Labs X350.5's power rating alone, probably not. May be better to go with MBL's own amps which are high current and well suited for their own speakers. But if you can spring for the Bryston 28B SST's, go for it.