B&W N800, 800D, 802D for my room 16x17x8

I have a dedicated listening/hometheater room with size 16x17x8.

I'm considering B&W N800 or 800D or 802D.

I'm planning to keep it for a while.
Tight deep base is important.

Looks like N800 and 802D are about same price range.

I'm wondering if 802D will be plenty of bass for my room size. Also if it's worth paying the extra to go 800D over N800.

eandylee
Ok fella's, I need to mention that this thread has been officially derailed.

Let's keep the posts pertinent to the original question.

As for my opinion, I think the 802D's will do magically in your room. It doesn't look like there would be enough room to handle the seperation distance required for proper staging of speakers as large as the 800's.

Also, with the introduction of the new 802 Diamonds, I think the 802D's have dropped signifcantly in price on the used market.
Longhornguy and everyone, have you seen my edition?

I hate myself for putting wrong dimension on the title.

So again, the correct dimension is 20.5' deep x 16' x wide x 8' high = http://sites.google.com/site/avcave/

I actually looked(not in person) at Vandersteen 5A, and think it seems to be very good value full range piece, but never had chance to listen, and wanted to go safe.

I also like the look of 802D the most(even over 800), but don't want to lose any bottom side.

I'm wondering the ideal room sizes for 800D and 802D

Maybe I'll check with B&W, too.

I did see your updated dimensions and still believe the 16' width (where the screen is placed)will not allow for proper spacing of the 800's.

If your screen is on the 20' side, I would definitely do the 800's, but with the 16' side, I love the 802's for this setup.
"Tight deep base is important" and B&W speakers..an oxymoron,IMO..Flabby/slow/bloated maybe but never tight..Look in another direction
802 for sure IMO and you will be fine with them. Just be sure to give them a soiid strong solid state amp IMO to be sure you get the dynamics and response they are capable of. These amps are voiced with the use of Classe Solid State amps from what I understand and think B&W does better with SS. Thats not to say that good sound can't be done with B&W and tube gear. I just think it will be better with SS. Also my opinion is that you need to get as close to B&W max power rating.