Vandersteen 7s

First review I have read is from Fremer, and its glowing. Wish I had the space and cash to even consider a purchase. Have others heard these?
rpeluso
All this talk of Vandy 7's/ Maxx3's has gotten droooool all over my keyboard but hey that's what paper towels are for.
I was up to Weinhart Designs a couple of weeks back and the Magico 5's were playing.
I was there for cables---After a short listen I asked David to turn them down---After all; I had to go home and listen to my system.
I for one enjoy Sam banter;'cause he always has back-stories. Sort of like fruit and cream with my cereal.-- Much like reading the different opines,here.--It's all audio chat and that's good
>>>I guess Michael in fact did compare the Maxx 3 to the 7s. He mentioned the 7s were not the last word in dynamic slam and also the stage height wasn't the best in class.

That's also how I read it - Fremer implicitly compared the two. He also said that, other that 'stage height, the 7s had the best (most focused, wide, deep, delineated) soundstage and greatest resolution of any speaker he's heard.

So, it sounds like a tie until you get to the part where he says the 7s are the most enjoyable, non-fatiguing speaker he's heard. *That*, I think, is why he doesn't explicitly mention the Wilson.
Exactly, $45,000 vs. $15,000. If only there were some way to blindfold Fremer, switch out the 5A for the 7s, and see if he noticed the difference. Now that would tell us something.
>>02-17-10: Sonofjim
Exactly, $45,000 vs. $15,000. If only there were some way to blindfold Fremer, switch out the 5A for the 7s, and see if he noticed the difference. Now that would tell us something.<<

I'll put a dollar on Fremer.