Rockport Mira VS Verity Parsifal Ovation

Right now I'm considering between these two gem as my new pair for this year. I can get them for about the same price range so only sounds that matters. My current pair is Avalon Eclipse powered by Spectral DMA 180 if this can be used as reference.

I'm kinda leaning to Parsifal but I've heard a lot of good things about Mira and I really like how it looks like.
windowsx
Glai - agree that the bass has a lot to do with the room and placement. Did you get a chance to demo the Aquila in your room? I'd be curious to know whether indeed the side firing woofers would be a problem in a narrow room. I would think Andy Payor thought about this while designing it. I think a big market nowadays for high end speakers is in Asia, and so many rooms in Asia are small.

I bought the Aquila (has not been delivered) because my dealer insisted the Altair and Arrakis (can't afford this) would be too my energy for my room and would have to be pulled away from the backwall too much and I'd be sitting too close to the speakers. My room is is about 5.4 meters x 13 meters but I face the short side (and it's not completely rectangle, it's more like a trapezoid). I didn't worry too much about side firing woofers since I'm on the short end and they would firing into the long end. I can see how you would worry about bass cancellations if you fire into the short end. It'd be interesting to hear the logic/theory whether this is a real concern or if it's just a misnomer, i.e whether side firing woofers are bad for narrow rooms.

I'm in Taipei btw.
Changster,

Did you order an amplifier? My speaker also has a 13 inch composite woofers with a similar overall speaker sensitivity rating. It took some significant power to get that woofer to work properly. Of course, yours may be different due to cross-over settings etc, but something to consider. Also, 5x13 meters is a very large room. You essentially have no side walls, like me.
Changster - congrats on the Aquila. excellent speakers imo.
5.4m x 13m is indeed a fairly large room. is your room quite "open" (i.e. does it open up to hallways/corridors/etc.)?
Thanks for suggestion. So Parsifal is kind of live sound and Mira is different from live sound. I've just commited to buy upcoming Mira II which is new project planned after CES. I wonder if its price performance can succeed Ankaa.
RTN1 - very nice Avalon's you got there. I had seriously considered the Avalon's as well. I demo'd the Time and the ISIS both for a long time. Unfortunately the demo room was not setup quite right and it didn't reach anywhere near its potential because of room acoustics. I'm sure they are fabulous at your place.

I see you have the Karen amps. Someone had recommended them to me as well but they do not sell it where I live.

I'm about to plunk down for Gryphon Mirage + Colosseum (holy sheeit are they expensive... it's so hard to pull the trigger!!). I currently have the Mark Levinson 326S + 432 which I do not think will be enough for the Rockports, and probably without the body/fullness/control. I could look for the older 33/33H but Andy Payor suggested otherwise (he used to own 33H's).

On your lack of sidewalls - any idea if this is theoretically good or bad? I lack sidewalls but it's not really a rectangle but more like a trapezoid. I'm not sure if this is good for imaging/soundstage either. I've been playing with the Chesky test CD's (Best of Chesky Jazz #2, "Height Test" and "General Image and Resolution Test") and I can't get the height to extend beyond 65% up and the imaging doesn't go all around me on that monkey test (if you know that track). I wonder if this has anything to do with lack of sidewalls.