Upgrade from Quad 11L?

My current setup:

Music Hall cd25.2
Music Hall a25.2
Quad 11L
Onkyo T-9 tuner
Audioquest Alpha-Snake interconnects
No-name 12-gauge speaker wire

The 11Ls just replaced Paradigm Mini Mk3s. A big improvement: I love the Quad's detail, clarity, and pace. So much that I'm contemplating an upgrade to Quad 12Ls (if I can find the old version) or Quad 12L Actives (which I know I can get; the MH a25.2 would serve as a preamp).

My sense is that the system as it stands is well-balanced, and I'm actually very satisfied with what I hear. So I'm trying to decide whether this is an itch I should scratch. My suspicion is that I should stand pat and think about long-range upgrades rather than tinker now, but input would be helpful. I listen to all kinds of music, but Wilco and Radiohead are playing most often. Thanks.
afranta
Post removed 
Have the 11Ls and 12Ls.
Have always had tubes on the 11L. Added a class D amp and have been very pleased. Have always loved the musicality of the 11Ls but now they seem much faster as well.
12L are a bit punchier, but you can always add a sub.
I'm intrigued by the idea of adding a sub (there is a sub out on my MH a25.2). What would I need to consider?

Tubes are interesting, too, but maybe down the line ...

Thanks for the feedback!
Agree with Bob about working with the room, especially placement. Have to disagree about cables, at least until you have basic good quality throughout, and this does not need to coast an arm or a leg if you investigate my suggestions above.
Unfortunately, I'm limited in what I can do with the room. I don't have room for stands, so the speakers are on the same media console as the electronics (and tv). But it is a rigid metal stand, and, while it's not ideal, I don't think it's too bad at my normal listening levels.