Rockport's or Magico's

I have heard that these two speaker lines employ some state of the art design concepts.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Magico M5 and Rockport Altair at Goodwins or anywhere else?

How similar are they and where do they differ?

Thanks AO
aoliviero
roypan it is obvious to me that you have a much better grasp on what is colored and what is acurate, then i do. clearly no match. thanks for clearing that up.
i remember you "physics are physics". you owen the V3, therefore they must be the best. you know all there is to know about speaker design and could, i am sure, improve on andy's design. if he would only listen. M6, fantastic speaker def considered. i just love the sound and looks. far better then the V3 or mini 11,s. not a fan of the looks of the M5 either. whats up with those bolts? i mean $90000.00 and you got them nuts sticken out you have to tighten now and again. now the M6 looks and sounds great. other then the arrakis the M6 would be my next choice and may even be. again my OPINION! try not to be so arrogant. your thoughts are just your opinions as well.
Well, to each his own but the Rockport look does not rock my chains at all. What’s up with the gel coat finish? My son surfboard looks better. If you wish to use high gloss, go apprentice first at the Wilson factory. How about these deep, unproportional sides, with that large pedestal on the bottom. Looks like an afterthought to ensure the speakers will not fall to the sides.
Now for the bolts - how do you maintain perfect woofers coupling to your enclosure? You can’t even approach the woofers bolts because they are covered with that thick felt you have on the baffle. I can guaranty you that your woofers are loose ( That damn physics again). That is probably one of the reasons the Rockports sound a bit soft. AND if you are courageous and do try to tighten your woofers down, you may strip the threads that are in the resin or worst, strip an insert. The bolts on all the Magicos ensure perfect woofers coupling to the enclosure at all time for as long as you have the speakers. A decent solution to a major problem.

Tis is a pretty good example of how differently we all listen and how different our priorities are regarding the intricate cues in music that draw us in. There are many aspects to any one speaker systems performance and design but infinitely more diverse and delicate are the differences in the way we all listen for that connection to music and the aspects of sound that bring a recording to life.

Aesthetics is still another chapter. We are all fortunate to have so many choices and different ways of appreciating music through excellent systems. Two great speaker systems, no "right" answer.