Rockport's or Magico's

I have heard that these two speaker lines employ some state of the art design concepts.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Magico M5 and Rockport Altair at Goodwins or anywhere else?

How similar are they and where do they differ?

Thanks AO
aoliviero
Aoliviero, my apologies. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. But Samuel, who chose to judge a speaker by a spec without ever an audition, needs to be corrected. Like I said, I prefer the Rockports over the Magicos any day. But if you like the Magico sound, you should also consider the Wilsons.
"That is admirable, however making the statement that you found a pair of speakers at a fraction of the price of the Magico/Rockports that you prefer and then not naming them seems to _beg the question_... Once asked.. the ready answer appears."

Sammy, that is an idiotic inuendo.
Drac, I never judged your choice or characterized the Sason's LF response as a negative. Nor did I judge the Sason's other than to say they were likely a well made speaker design based on positive comments, including yours.

I never mentioned Wilson speakers, so there seems no point in dragging them in as another pin cushion for you to spike. You really do have quite the chip on your shoulder.

Had I ever seen the Sason's or knew where they were demoing I'd love to hear them. Maybe at the next RMAF. They look like a good speaker design. You found a great deal. Good for you.

So go listen and experience music's calming influence.
BTW, kudos to Baby Bear and Koegz. I had not seen their descriptions and sound comments above, before now. Really well explicated and not a hint of edge or narcissism. Both make great points about the speakers differences and defining character. Well done.
Thanks for the kind words Grant.

I agree with what you said that the Magico and Rockport speakers both have their charms, strengths and specific presentations that define them. And throughout their respective product lines and price points it will come down to personal preference, associated electronics and the listening room that ultimately will determine which brand a listener will prefer.