Neighbor Complaining...

I moved recently to a new apartment, and my neighbor is already complaining of the noise... :) Right now I have my speakers (Quad 12L2) placed closed to the shared wall, now, would it make a difference if I place the speakers against the other wall (which is not shared), and facing the shared wall?

Plus, any other tips on how to deal with this would be appreciated as well.
toufu
Is this a rental or condo? I would think no matter where and how you place the system their going to complain. If you just purchased then I would think a little renovation should help like sheet rocking over the wall with another.There was a tread on Audiogon just recently discussing this same issue. When your that close there is really no best solution when you have neighbors top to bottom. And the only best solution would be to buy a private home away from the crowd.
Post removed 
Try talking to your neighbor and find out what hours would be appropriate and at what volumes. Invite him in for some refreshments and to show him your system. Offer to place your system away from the shared wall (which is closer to the rear wave generated by your electrostat). Maybe you can find out what hours you would not be disturbing. Good luck to you.